Sökning: "Japanese Role-playing Games"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 8 uppsatser innehållade orden Japanese Role-playing Games.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Avdelningen för japanska
Sammanfattning : The Japanese role-playing games attract players worldwide. Though, this is not necessarily due to a fascination with Japanese culture. While considering recent research on video games in Japanese Studies, especially the monograph by Rachael Hutchinson, this thesis puts an emphasis on Game Studies, as represented by Espen Aarseth. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Linköpings universitet/Interaktiva och kognitiva system
Sammanfattning : As more and more people get in to video games. We look at what makes for a good experience. Psychological factors which enriches gameplay like flow and immersion. And Game design factors which provides conditions for flow and immersion. LÄS MER
- Uppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för kulturvetenskaper (KV)
Sammanfattning : This study seeks to analyze the japanese role-playing video game Valkyria Chronicles. Since the game uses a fictionalized european scene of World War 2 as its setting, it is an interesting object for analysis. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Södertörns högskola/Medieteknik; Södertörns högskola/Medieteknik
Sammanfattning : An essential part of the video game experience are the characters. How the characters are perceived as believable can make or break the immersion of the experience. This paper aims to create a model which can be used as a tool for analysis, designed to measure believability in video game characters. LÄS MER
5. Problematic particles. A translation analysis of sentence-final particles used in Tales of Vesperia.Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för språk och litteraturer
Sammanfattning : This thesis will inquire into translation issues surrounding Japanese gender-specific sentencefinal particles used by the main character of the role-playing game Tales of Vesperia. The focal point of the study is the investigation regarding how the translators of the English game converted certain pieces of language tied to gender from Japanese to English in order to adjust the text to the Western audience. LÄS MER