Sökning: "Jewish history in Sweden"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 9 uppsatser innehållade orden Jewish history in Sweden.
- Magister-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för litteratur, idéhistoria och religion
Sammanfattning : This thesis examines, via a method of discourse analysis, the allosemitic discourse and the conceptual ‘Jew’ in the Swedish press during hree separate five-year periods: 1813–1817, 1824–1828, and 1836–1840. The study focuses on the press from three Swedish cities where Jews could settle according to Judereglementet (the ‘Jew regulation’) from 1782: Göteborg, Norrköping and Stockholm. LÄS MER
2. Text utan kontext : en granskning av kyrkobeskrivningar utifrån forskning om antijudiska motiv i svenska kyrkobyggnaderMagister-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Teologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This study has a threefold aim: to make a theological contextualisation of four medieval anti-Jewish motifs in Christian iconography represented in churches in Sweden and to study how these motifs has been described and contextualised in guidebooks and other material written for the interested public from post-war to recent years. The study also explores the role of heritagisation and musealisation of the church buildings in relation to how the motifs are described in the material. LÄS MER
3. ”liksom Cato om Cartagos murar”: Erfarenhet och förväntan i Samfundet I.I: Judiska Intresset 1841–1875Magister-uppsats,
Sammanfattning : This thesis examines the secret Samfundet I.I: Judiska Intresset (Society I.I: the Jewish Cause) which was founded in 1841 in Stockholm and opened a chapter in Gothenburg the same year. Its goal was to fight for emancipation and against anti-Judaism. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för socialt arbete
Sammanfattning : The Master’s thesis deals with the topic of antisemitism in Sweden and, as an aspect of that, focuses on antisemitic attitudes among Muslims. Antisemitism, the hostility towards Jews, has changed its forms of manifestation throughout history, but persists to the current day. LÄS MER
5. "Ett Barbariskt Röfwar-släkte" - Synen på främmande folkslag, samt bevisföringsmetoder i Carl Reftelius Historisk och Politisk Beskrifning Öfwer Riket och Staden Algier Ifrån år 1516 til och med år 1732Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Historia
Sammanfattning : Following the peace treaty between Sweden and the regency of Algiers in 1729, the first Swedish consulate was established in this city. One of the first employees at the consulate was a man named Carl Reftelius (d. LÄS MER