Sökning: "Joe Biden"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 6 uppsatser innehållade orden Joe Biden.
1. The Donald VS. Sleepy Joe : En kvalitativ studie om hur Donald Trump och Joe Biden gestaltas i nyhetsartiklar under det amerikanska presidentvalet 2020Kandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för medier och journalistik (MJ); Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för medier och journalistik (MJ)
Sammanfattning : The aim of this study was to examine differences and similarities in the news coverage among the presidential candidates Joe Biden and Donald Trump in the presidential election 2020. We also examined how the candidates are framed in the different newspapers. LÄS MER
2. Presidential Manifestation of Verbal Dominance : A discourse analysis of conversational dominance strategies employed by Joe Biden and Donald TrumpKandidat-uppsats, Högskolan i Gävle/Engelska
Sammanfattning : This study aims to observe linguistic disparities in the distribution of the conversational dominance strategies interruptions, amount of talk, and questions in the first U.S. 2020 presidential debate between Joe Biden and Donald Trump. LÄS MER
3. What determines who qualifies? : A quantitative study on the presence of first- and second-level agenda setting and issue ownership in the 2020 Democratic primary debates.Kandidat-uppsats, Karlstads universitet/Institutionen för geografi, medier och kommunikation (from 2013)
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this study is to investigate the presence of first- and second-level agenda setting as well as issue ownership in the 2020 Democratic primary debates and whether there is a relationship between using strategies based on these theories and qualifying for future debates. The study seeks to answer three research questions: What is the relationship, if any, between a candidate whose statements focused primarily on the three issues considered most important by the public according to opinion polls and whether this candidate qualified for future debates? How did candidates use frames to redraw the attention of issues? What is the relationship, if any, between the extent to which a candidate’s statements discussed performance issues more than Republican-owned or Democratic-owned issues and whether this candidate qualified for future debates? The study draws mainly on the first and second level of the agenda setting theory, as well as the theory of issue ownership, and analyzes what issues candidates focus on, what attributes of these issues they emphasize, and whether they discuss performance issues like the economy or foreign policy more than issues owned by either the Republican or the Democratic Party. LÄS MER
4. Biden vs Trump : Det amerikanska valet 2020 - En semiotisk bildanalys av svensk dagspress gestaltning av presidentkandidaterna Joe Biden och Donald Trump.Kandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för informatik och media; Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för informatik och media
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER
5. Personal Deixis in the 2020 United States Presidential Election : An Analysis of Joe Biden’s and Donald Trump’s Political SpeechesKandidat-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Engelska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The present study aims to explore how deictic personal pronouns are used in political speeches by the two American presidential candidates, Joe Biden and Donald Trump, during the 2020 United States presidential election. Donald Trump’s usage of the personal pronouns I, you, he/she, we and they is analysed and compared to Joe Biden’s usage of the same personal pronouns. LÄS MER