Sökning: "Just war theory"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 69 uppsatser innehållade orden Just war theory.
1. Sverige som asylland – varför just Sverige? : En intervjustudie om en asylsökandes val av asylland utifrån push- och pullteorinKandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för statsvetenskap (ST)
Sammanfattning : This research aims to analyze an asylum seeker's choice of asylum country and why Sweden inparticular. The study is based on Professor Lee's (1966) push- and pulltheory and the questionson which the study is based are "what impact do push and pull factors have on the choice ofrecipient country?" and "are there differences between asylum seekers from Syria andAfghanistan when choosing a recipient country?" The method used is an interview study, morespecifically semi-structured interviews. LÄS MER
2. Lethal Autonomous Weapons Systems and International Humanitarian Law: A mixed-methods study to understand and explain how states’ position themselves vis-à-vis lethal autonomous weapons systems compliance with international humanitarian lawKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this study is to understand and explain how states’ position themselves vis-à-vis lethal autonomous weapons systems (LAWS) compliance with international humanitarian law (IHL). It is important to understand and explain why states’ position themselves in the debate on LAWS compliance with IHL due to its rapid development and limited knowledge in this area. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för statsvetenskap (ST)
Sammanfattning : This essay seeks to evaluate whether or not the war in Crimea, conducted by the Russian Federation, is to be considered “just”. This is done in accordance with the theory of Just war, which demands that there be two separate evaluations of the war. LÄS MER
4. The US’ view on Just War : A content analysis of the Trump administration’s justification of the attack on general SoleimaniKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : On January 3, 2020, Iranian major general Qasem Soleimani was killed through a targeted drone strike at the authorisation of the US President Donald Trump. This thesis examines if, and in that case how, the arguments presented by the Trump administration used to justify the killing of general Soleimani are in line with the principles of Just War theory. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Throughout the last decade wars have created a certain interest in reflection upon rights, justice and the causes for which people may or may not be killed. Soldiers are expected to make decisions about life and death in extremely difficult circumstances and complex situations during war. LÄS MER