Sökning: "Karin Steel"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 11 uppsatser innehållade orden Karin Steel.
1. The impact of snow loads on snow galleries : An initial evaluation of the snow galleries on the Iron Ore Line in Northern SwedenUppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Luleå tekniska universitet/Institutionen för samhällsbyggnad och naturresurser
Sammanfattning : The snow galleries along the Iron ore railway line in northern Sweden have had major problems in recent years due to increasingly large snow loads. Despite great efforts reducing the loads by shoveling off the snow, several of the galleries have been damaged. LÄS MER
2. Load Bearing Structural Elements of Glulam in Marine Environment : A literature and case studyMaster-uppsats, Karlstads universitet/Fakulteten för hälsa, natur- och teknikvetenskap (from 2013)
Sammanfattning : This thesis discusses the possibilities of using glued laminated timber as load bearing structural elements in structures in close vicinity of saltwater. Glued laminated timber, also referred to as glulam, is a refined timber product constructed of timber lamellae that are glued together. LÄS MER
3. Potential methods of measuring the stirring intensity during secondary steel making in the ladle furnaceKandidat-uppsats, KTH/Materialvetenskap
Sammanfattning : The main objectives of this research were to find a measuring technique for the gas stirring intensity and relate this to the argon gas stirring in the ladle furnace. However, the investigation mainly focused on methods of measuring the true amount of argon gas entering the ladle furnace, since this was needed to further determine the gas stirring intensity. LÄS MER
4. Environmental exposure assessment of metals from reclaimed land in Halmstad harbour : Sweden Part of an environmental risk assessmentMagister-uppsats, Högskolan i Halmstad/Miljövetenskap
Sammanfattning : The harbour land fill in Halmstad has been described in the news as one of the most polluted areas in Halland County based on the a survey from the Swedish environmental protection agency. In order to identify the extent and severity of the situation several environmental investigations have been performed in this area. LÄS MER
5. Evaluation of Odomin and potential factors reducing the hydrogen sulphide levels in sewage systemsMaster-uppsats, KTH/Maskinkonstruktion (Inst.)
Sammanfattning : Xylem Inc. develops pumps and integrated solutions for sewages systems. A new concept has been designed to reduce the levels of hydrogen sulphide, H2S, in wastewater. H2S is a toxic, stinking gas that smells at levels above 0. LÄS MER