Sökning: "Kevin Kumashiro"
Hittade 5 uppsatser innehållade orden Kevin Kumashiro.
1. "If we want to change we must be willing to teach" : Exploring the potential of intersectional feminist pedagogy to change oppressive behaviours and ease a conflict in a Catalan secondary school.Master-uppsats, Linköpings universitet/Tema Genus
Sammanfattning : Whereas transformative pedagogy is a well researched subject, intersectional feminist pedagogy and specifically Transversal dialogue has not been used to ease conflict in Catalonia. This research examines the potential for intersectional feminist pedagogy to change oppressive behaviours in both students and teachers in a classroom conflict in a Catalan secondary school. LÄS MER
- Uppsats för yrkesexamina på grundnivå, Södertörns högskola/Lärarutbildningen
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this study is to explore how well prepared educators at pre-schools are to receive children with another gender identity than their biological gender. The focus for the study lies on the discourses that exist in the pre-school regarding gender norms and how they become visible through the language educators use in the equal treatment plans, that are a part of the pre-schools value works, and in talks between educators. LÄS MER
3. "En människa är det". En queerdidaktisk analys av Jessica Schiefauers "Pojkarna" och dess möjligheter för arbete med likabehandling i skolanKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för litteratur, idéhistoria och religion
Sammanfattning : This text aims to examine how teaching in literature can contribute to the schools work with creating an antidiscriminating environment. When it comes to the Swedish schools antidiscrimination plans, this essay focuses especially on those sections that concerns pupils and student right to their own gender identity and expression. LÄS MER
4. "Det är väl min egen lathet, ambition och inspiration som sätter gränser" : En normkritisk genusstudie om engelsklärares val av romaner till litteraturundervisningenMaster-uppsats, Södertörns högskola/Lärarutbildningen
Sammanfattning : From an anti-oppressive and a gender perspective, the aim of this paper is toexamine whether three English teachers at a comprehensive school in Stockholm make gender conscious selections when selecting novels for their English literature lessons. Through quantitative research, semi-structured interviews and e-mail interviews with these teachers I have attempted to find out if they include both male and female writers when selecting English novels for their students and also what factors affect their selections. LÄS MER
5. Normkritisk pedagogik på normativ grund : En analys av arbetsmaterialet Möte med människor från andra kulturerKandidat-uppsats, Linköpings universitet/Institutionen för samhälls- och välfärdsstudier
Sammanfattning : The aim of this study has been to analyze how society is constructed in the workbook Möte med människor från andra kulturer, a popular material within the “cultural competency” industry. The analysis has largely been carried out from the perspective of a pedagogy against oppression as it has been outlined by Kevin Kumashiro. LÄS MER