Sökning: "L1 use"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 84 uppsatser innehållade orden L1 use.
- Uppsats för yrkesexamina på grundnivå, Malmö universitet/Lärande och samhälle
Sammanfattning : Abstract This research synthesis builds upon research related to the area of learning outcomes when using the source language in the ESL/EFL classroom. Evidence were achieved from articles from different journals that have been analyzed with the purpose to examine studies conducted in using the source language in the ESL/EFL classroom. LÄS MER
2. Naïve listeners’ perceptual learning of Chinese tones: The influence of L1 background in prosody and the effect of an auditory-image (AI) training paradigmMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Allmän språkvetenskap; Lunds universitet/Masterprogram: Språk och språkvetenskap
Sammanfattning : The present perceptual learning study was conducted in an attempt to investigate to which extent naïve listeners’ L1 prosodic background affected their learning performance of a lexical tone language and whether an auditory-image (AI) training paradigm curtailed the online-learning process of lexical tones. Thirty-three Mandarin-naïve Swedish-native listeners (NS listeners) and 33 Mandarin-naïve English-native listeners (NE listeners) participated in a behaviour experiment designed to answer the question of whether native listeners of a pitch accent language (NS listeners) had an advantage over native listeners of a non-tonal non-pitch-accent language (NE listeners) in learning to perceive tones in Mandarin Chinese (MC). LÄS MER
- Uppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Högskolan Dalarna/Pedagogiskt arbete
Sammanfattning : In Sweden and in many places around the world there is a great discussion about using L1 or not in teaching. The fact that 43% of the pupils having a parent speaking another language do not qualify for upper secondary studies in Sweden is worrying. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Engelska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The present paper investigates the use of two high–frequency verbs: make and take. These verbs are particularly interesting since they express basic meaning (the meaning of the verb is mostly determined by its combinations). Therefore, they do not constitute a problem in learners’ comprehension. LÄS MER
5. Using Swedish in the ESL Classroom : An interview study about students and teachers use of Swedish in the ESL classroomMaster-uppsats, Högskolan Dalarna/Engelska
Sammanfattning : The aim of this empirical study is to investigate the role of the L1 (Swedish for the purpose of this study) at upper secondary schools in Sweden, in English class. It also examines teachers’ and students’ attitudes towards the use of the L1 in the ESL classroom. The method that has been used for this thesis is a qualitative research method. LÄS MER