Sökning: "Land grabbing"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 37 uppsatser innehållade orden Land grabbing.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Södertörns högskola/Institutionen för naturvetenskap, miljö och teknik
Sammanfattning : The land grabbing phenomena grew in both reported cases and in scholarly interest after the 2008 financial crisis. The concept of land grabbing has been greatly debated and some have chosen the term large scale land acquisition instead, focusing on win-win outcomes while the land grabbing term rather focuses on the unequal power relations involved. LÄS MER
2. Tensions Between Development and Exploitation Through a World-Systems Theoretical Perspective : Comparative Analysis On Land Grabbing in Brazil and EthiopiaKandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Institutionen för konst, kultur och kommunikation (K3)
Sammanfattning : Within International Relations, the phenomenon of land grabbing has become a key developmental issue. After reading the existing literature and research on land grabbing, the lack of empirical examples through case selection is clearly noticed. LÄS MER
3. Belt and Road Initiative through Post-Colonial Theory : Does China’s Belt and Road Initiative fit the post-colonial description of draining a developing state?Kandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis examines the Chinese investment programme; the Belt and Road Initiative, through a post-colonial lens, to categorise whether it fits the postcolonial draining of emerging economies. The purpose of this research is to broaden the way we see post-colonial relationships and contribute to the notion that all advanced economies can have a draining relationship with emerging ones. LÄS MER
4. Land-grabbing, Women and Food : An Investigation of Developmental Projects and Their Impact on Women’s Right to Food and ParticipationMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Teologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : There has been a surge in demand for arable land as a resource for agricultural production for food and energy purposes. This surge can be attributed to increases in global food prices, climate change, population pressure, and escalating energy prices. The search for land has given rise to the practice of large-scale land acquisitions (LSLA). LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Högskolan Dalarna/Institutionen för kultur och samhälle
Sammanfattning : Land is a fundamental resource, both as a source of livelihood and as a symbol of identity andbelonging. This is threatened by a global phenomenon, land grabbing, the practice of acquiring andinvesting in land on a large scale, often enabled by national policies. Land grabbing erodes people’sland rights and in particular women’s rights. LÄS MER