Sökning: "Latin America"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 247 uppsatser innehållade orden Latin America.
1. POPULISM AND POLITICIZATION OF THE BUREACRACY An empirical analysis of the effect of populist rule in Europe and Latin AmericaMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Do populist rule lead to more politicization? As populists have had electoral success in many countries in recent years, populism has received much attention both in the public debate an in political science. One aspect of the concept, how populists act once in power and how they relate to the state bureaucracy has however, so far, received only little attention. LÄS MER
2. Sexuellt utnyttjande och korruption En kvantitativ studie av sambandet mellan individers utbildning och uppfattning samt upplevelse av ’sextortion’ i LatinamerikaKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Several studies about corruption show that gender has a spectrum of its own regarding the subject. Amongst several corruption forms that are based on gender, a specific one is the combination of sexual exploitation and corruption, also defined as sextortion. The costs of the issue are severe for individuals and societies. LÄS MER
3. “We still have a long way to go”: A comparative study of Swedish and Brazilian women sports journalists’ challenges and perspectivesMagister-uppsats, Södertörns högskola/Journalistik
Sammanfattning : Sports journalism is a traditionally male-dominated environment. Previous research has shown that women sports journalists were outnumbered in newsrooms, had less career opportunities, have been exposed to harassment and must negotiate identity contradictions in order to succeed in their career. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, KTH/Hållbar utveckling, miljövetenskap och teknik
Sammanfattning : The palm oil industry is growing globally and palm oil is today the most used vegetable oil for biofuels, however, over the last years research has showed that it has caused great deforestation in Southeast Asia where the grand majority of oil palm is produced. There has also been reports on poor working conditions showing that the palm oil is not socially sustainable either. LÄS MER
5. Sustainable environmental vs. sustainable social development : Tendencies of carbon colonialism and green authoritarianism when implementing renewable energy strategies on indigenous peoples’ territoriesKandidat-uppsats, Högskolan Dalarna/Religionsvetenskap
Sammanfattning : The intention with this essay is to illustrate the conflicts that might occur when states implement renewable energy strategies on lands that have traditionally belonged to indigenous peoples. To do so I have analysed case studies from Sweden as well as Latin America regarding renewable energy projects in areas that could be claimed to belong to indigenous groups and compared the conclusions from these studies to what the existing legal framework on the topic of the rights of indigenous peoples dictates. LÄS MER