Sökning: "Latin America"
Visar resultat 21 - 25 av 216 uppsatser innehållade orden Latin America.
21. Factors triggering currency and banking crises, An empirical study of Latin America during 1990-2010Magister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Nationalekonomiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This paper examines factors that triggered widespread currency and banking crises in Latin America during 1990-2010 by looking at specific macroeconomic and financial variables. The paper aim to contribute to the vast literature of financial crises by distinguishing itself in three ways. LÄS MER
22. Economic Sanctions as an Indirect Regional Threat : The Regional Impact of Sanctions on the Level of Human Rights Protection in Non-sanctioned CountriesMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Teologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : It is generally held that economic sanctions have an adverse effect on human rights in sanctioned countries, but what about the non-sanctioned countries? Previous research has found that human rights sanctions appear to have a deterring effect on non-sanctioned countries in Latin America which, in turn, led to human rights improvements. The assumption from these findings suggests that countries improve their human rights in fear of being sanctioned themselves. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Ekonomisk-historiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Developing countries have undergone a process of rapid urbanization since the 1950s. However, some of them did not follow the “natural” path of urbanization, implying that additional factors also played an important role in the process of urbanization. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Biomedical Sciences and Veterinary Public Health
Sammanfattning : Sengångare är fascinerande djur som vi fortfarande inte vet särskilt mycket om. Deras popularitet i media har ökat markant de senaste åren, och många förundras över deras annorlunda beteenden och levnadssätt. LÄS MER
25. Migration from Central America and the Caribbean: The Impact of Social Indicators on Labor Market PerformanceMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Ekonomisk-historiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : In the last 50 years, immigration from Central America and the Caribbean to the United States of America has been increasing. Because these immigrants often find themselves in vulnerable positions, their successful integration into society should be of public interest. LÄS MER