Sökning: "Latin America"
Visar resultat 26 - 30 av 225 uppsatser innehållade orden Latin America.
26. The Impact of Direct Democracy : A quantitative study examining the effect of direct democracy on abortion policy responsiveness regarding public opinion on abortion in Latin AmericaKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : .... LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Företagsekonomiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Title: Degustando La Bombonera de ADRs - A study on the determinants of the market-adjusted return of Latin American ADRs issued between 1999 and 2014 Seminar date: 2018-01-11 Course: FEKH89, Corporate Finance Degree Project,Undergraduate level, 15 ECTS Authors: Nino Dahl Merckling, Dustin Said, Erik Sjöholm Advisor: Anamaria Cociorva Key words: ADR, Latin America, Introduction Puzzle, 3-market-adjusted performance year Performance, Multivariate Regression Purpose: The purpose of this thesis is to analyze the medium run (defined as 36 months) market-adjusted returns of ADRs of Latin American origin issued since 1999. Through running a multivariate regression, the authors seek to establish significant relationships between the medium run returns and the seven selected independent variables. LÄS MER
28. Populism in Power : A case study on the role of media strategies for preserving populist power and its implications for liberal democracy in HungaryKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : There is widespread agreement that populism is on the rise around the globe. A concept that has been largely associated with Latin America has increasingly become related to the Global North where populists have gained power in several countries in the past decade. LÄS MER
29. Factors triggering currency and banking crises, An empirical study of Latin America during 1990-2010Magister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Nationalekonomiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This paper examines factors that triggered widespread currency and banking crises in Latin America during 1990-2010 by looking at specific macroeconomic and financial variables. The paper aim to contribute to the vast literature of financial crises by distinguishing itself in three ways. LÄS MER
30. Economic Sanctions as an Indirect Regional Threat : The Regional Impact of Sanctions on the Level of Human Rights Protection in Non-sanctioned CountriesMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Teologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : It is generally held that economic sanctions have an adverse effect on human rights in sanctioned countries, but what about the non-sanctioned countries? Previous research has found that human rights sanctions appear to have a deterring effect on non-sanctioned countries in Latin America which, in turn, led to human rights improvements. The assumption from these findings suggests that countries improve their human rights in fear of being sanctioned themselves. LÄS MER