Sökning: "Leftover women"
Hittade 5 uppsatser innehållade orden Leftover women.
1. Women Hold Up Half the Sky - A case study on how professional women in contemporary Shanghai negotiate the contradictions between intergenerational obligations and career developmentKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Sociologi
Sammanfattning : The Chinese party state has taken the initiative to exercise control over the nation’s population in order to align with family policy and goals for national development. As a result, the negatively loaded stereotype “leftover women” has deeply penetrated Chinese society where single, urban and educated Chinese women have been the main targets. LÄS MER
2. Det kinesiska fenomenet shengnü : En studie som undersöker hur ogifta kvinnor representeras och framställs i media.Kandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för lingvistik och filologi
Sammanfattning : Syftet med denna uppsatts är att undersöka hur fenomenet shengnü (överblivna kvinnor) framförs i media. Även hur statliga kontra icke statliga medier representerar fenomenet shengnü samt hur de kvinnor som kategoriseras som shengnü förhåller sig till det. LÄS MER
3. Femvertising as a resource of meaning-making and identity negotiation – A consumer cultural perspectiveMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för strategisk kommunikation
Sammanfattning : There is a tendency for organizations to draw on social and political issues to make brands relevant to consumers, among which the appropriation of women empowerment discourse has attracted considerable attention because of its success in practice. Give the paucity of studies both in strategic communication to evaluate consumers responses to organizations’ communication strategies and in advertising studies to examine the emerging form of advertising to empower women, this study focuses on femvertising from consumers’ perspective. LÄS MER
4. Chinese Men and "Leftover Women" : How do Chinese Men Position Themselves in Relation to the Concept of Labelling Women as "Leftover"?Kandidat-uppsats, Högskolan Dalarna/Kinesiska
Sammanfattning : In recent years there has been a resurgence of gender inequality in China. Today, women are pressured to get married by the state and their social surroundings, as they told if they remain unmarried and have the "three highs"; high age, education and salary, they will become leftovers on the marriage market. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Ekonomisk-historiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis is to identify the roots of the leftover women phenomenon in order to understand why it has appeared. In particular, we examine why the leftover women are having difficulties in finding a husband in the Chinese marriage market. LÄS MER