Sökning: "Loss Aversion"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 32 uppsatser innehållade orden Loss Aversion.
- Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Nationalekonomiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : In this paper, I evaluate whether salience induces loss aversion among taxpayers. Using annual register data from 2013-2017 for taxpayers reporting tradable securities, E-filing taxpayers are shown to exhibit bunching on the surplus side of the zero final tax balance. A corresponding excess mass is not found for paper filers. LÄS MER
2. The Impact of Loss Aversion Bias on Herding Behavior of Young Swedish Retail Investors : A Behavioral Perspective on Young Swedish Retail Investors' Decision Making in the Stock MarketKandidat-uppsats, Högskolan i Jönköping/IHH, Företagsekonomi; Högskolan i Jönköping/IHH, Företagsekonomi
Sammanfattning : Background: Kahneman and Tversky (1974, 1979 & 1992) argue that individuals are bound to numerous behavioral biases that may lead to the emergence of different irrational behaviors. This is often observed with even a higher degree among participants of financial and stock markets as agents such as investors are frequently exposed to significant level of risk and uncertainty (Kahneman, 2013; Kahneman, Knetsch & Thaler, 1991; Kahneman & Tversky, 1974, 1979, 1992). LÄS MER
3. You Say You Want a Revolution - A Model on the Implications of Prospect Theory on Voting BehaviourD-uppsats, Handelshögskolan i Stockholm/Institutionen för nationalekonomi
Sammanfattning : In this thesis we create a voting model with a prospect theory foundation, introducing reference-dependent risk preferences, loss aversion, and probability weighting in the individual utility function. Classical voting models represent perfectly rational voters, we argue that voter behaviour can be better modelled by introducing prospect theory preferences, especially recent political trends. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Nationalekonomiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis analyses if macroeconomic policy has asymmetric effects on output and unemployment, comparing the effectiveness of monetary policy when the output gap is positive to when it is negative. Asymmetric effects may be present due to uncertainty and loss aversion, the downward-stickiness of prices, or financial market imperfections. LÄS MER
5. Reference-dependent preferences in the case of Allsvenskan: Outcome uncertainty and live-game attendanceKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Nationalekonomiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis studies how different preferences for uncertainty affects live game attendance in the Swedish premier football league Allsvenskan. A framework proposed by previous literature concerning this relationship is highlighted. In the presence of reference dependency, two types of preferences is of interest. LÄS MER