Sökning: "Magnetic holes"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 12 uppsatser innehållade orden Magnetic holes.
1. Gap properties of helical edge states in two-dimensional topological insulators with time-dependent magnetic impuritiesMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Fasta tillståndets fysik; Lunds universitet/Fysiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The quantum mechanical equivalent of the classical Hall effect can lead to interesting results in solid state physics. A similar effect, that has received attention in recent years, occurs when large spin-orbit coupling is present in a material, the so-called quantum-spin Hall effect. LÄS MER
2. Plasma density characteristics of magnetic holes near the Kronian magnetosphere boundary surfacesMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för fysik och astronomi
Sammanfattning : Localized structures of the magnetic field strength depression are often observed in the interplanetarymedium, and they are called ‘magnetic holes’ after the original work of Turner et al. 1977. A numberof observations of similar features have been reported, while the mechanisms of their origin have notfully understood yet. LÄS MER
- Uppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Luleå tekniska universitet/Institutionen för ekonomi, teknik och samhälle
Sammanfattning : This is a master thesis project in Industrial Design Engineering at Luleå University of Technology performed during the spring semester 2019 and with the goal to design a helmet for POC specialized for ski mountaineering. To cope with new rules in ski mountaineering competitions, to widen the product catalogue of POC and to make ski mountaineering safer and more enjoyable, a double certified helmet was to be designed, meaning certified for both mountaineering and downhill skiing. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, KTH/Skolan för elektroteknik och datavetenskap (EECS)
Sammanfattning : Satellite data from the Cluster satellites have been used to find and evaluate structures in the pristine solar wind, referred to as magnetic holes. By using multipoint measurements, size and orientation-estimates are established. Other characteristics of interest are also examined, such as velocity, temperature, density, and pressure. LÄS MER
- Uppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Luleå tekniska universitet/Geovetenskap och miljöteknik
Sammanfattning : The geological and geophysical knowledge about the northernmost part of Sweden has recently increased due to the Barents project, which includes acquisition of modern geophysical and geological information on behalf of the Swedish Geological Survey (SGU). During August 2013, a helicopter-borne versatile time domain electromagnetic (VTEM) survey was performed by Geotech Ltd, in the Soppero area northeast of Kiruna. LÄS MER