Sökning: "Mass Protests"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 16 uppsatser innehållade orden Mass Protests.
1. The EU’s democracy assistance efforts in Belarus - An analysis of the character of EU democracy assistance and involvement in the mass protests of 2020-2021 in BelarusKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : During recent events, Belarus has come under the light due to the falsified re-election of Lukashenko in 2020. Mass protests arose, and the civil society’s demand for democracy became clear. LÄS MER
2. “NONVIOLENCE IS FINE AS LONG AS IT WORKS” : A study of the relationship between civil society and processes of radicalizationMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för freds- och konfliktforskning
Sammanfattning : The radicalization literature within the field of social movement research which studies the phenomenon of primarily nonviolent protests becoming primarily violent has mapped a variety of mechanisms that drive or underlie the radicalization of nonviolent resistance. To date, little attention has however been directed at the potential role of civil society influencing the trajectories of protests. LÄS MER
3. "We woke up. Change is underway and it won't stop." : An analysis of how U.S. mainstream- and alternative media covered the 2019 protests in Latin AmericaMagister-uppsats, Södertörns högskola/Institutionen för samhällsvetenskaper
Sammanfattning : Protests constitute one of the most important means for citizens to raise key issues on the social agenda and express marginalised voices, in which an important factor to spread their message is attracting mass media coverage. However, previous research has repeatedly found that the mass media delegitimizes protests and focus on the protest event itself rather than the issues behind it. LÄS MER
4. Connectivity in Action: Activist Comments as Evidence of a Pan-European Public Sphere on Social Media. A Case Study of the European Commission’s Instagram PageMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Europastudier
Sammanfattning : The features of social media platforms not only enable the communication between citizens and political actors or institutions, in the form of comments, but also help in magnifying citizens’ voices and opinions and facilitating mass mobilization or political protests. The European Union institutions seem to understand the capacity of social media as a locus for citizen engagement, be it activism or deliberation, and have thus developed a strong presence across platforms. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för journalistik, medier och kommunikation
Sammanfattning : The discussion in this thesis focus on the relationship between news media usage and political participation. During the last several decades, many researchers have been worried about the decline of political participation, however, more and more opinions believe that political participation has not declined, but just transformed from traditional forms to new forms. LÄS MER