Sökning: "Medieval period in Uppsala"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 19 uppsatser innehållade orden Medieval period in Uppsala.
1. “Pale her cheeks they ought to be, it was only yesterday that she had been a tree.” : Gender, Power, and Hybridity in the Swedish Medieval Supernatural BalladsMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Historiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis analyzes eight specific Swedish medieval ballads that contain supernatural transformation and hybridity for how they depict gender in late medieval and early modern contexts. Using literature as a historical resource and a micro-historical approach, this thesis applies gender theory, intersectional approaches, and monster theory to its reading of these ballads. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Romanska och klassiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this study is to introduce the ten documents, written in the Italian language, registered by Riksarkivet, Stockholm. The oldest document being written in 1346 and the last one in 1520, they all belong to the European medieval period. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för arkeologi och antik historia
Sammanfattning : This essay is a study of the dental health and cranial pathologies of five individuals buried in Domkyrkoplan cemetery, Uppsala, in the 17th and 18th century. Domkyrkoplan was the only cemetery in Uppsala city during the 200-year time period. The cemetery was placed in the immediate surroundings of Uppsala cathedral. LÄS MER
4. Kroppskultur på liv och död : En osteoarkeologisk studie av kroppskultur i ett gotländskt cisterciensklosterMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för arkeologi och antik historia
Sammanfattning : This master thesis aims at portraying the living and dead body in Roma monastery at the island of Gotland through archaeological and osteological analyses. The osteo-archaeological material from Roma analysed consists of two individuals from coffin burials in the chapter-house and possibly four individuals from a chamber in the cloister. LÄS MER
5. The Journey of Resources : Archaeobotanical analysis of late Iron Age and medieval Sigtuna, SwedenMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för arkeologi och antik historia
Sammanfattning : Traditional agriculture has played an important role in shaping the landscape for thousands of years. Agriculture and interactions between humans and their surroundings have changed since the beginning of historic time in Sweden, approximately 1000 years ago. LÄS MER