Sökning: "Metro Manila"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 7 uppsatser innehållade orden Metro Manila.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Ersta Sköndal högskola/Institutionen för socialvetenskap; Ersta Sköndal högskola/Institutionen för socialvetenskap
Sammanfattning : After the 2016 election of president Duterte, the Philippines have been actively fighting a war on drugs inside their own country according to the new policies developed by the newly chosen regime. These policies have led to the several thousands of dead in police operations which are by many called out as extrajudicial executions. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Avdelningen för Riskhantering och Samhällssäkerhet
Sammanfattning : Urban fires, particularly in informal settlements in rapidly urbanizing cities in the developing world, are an “everyday disaster” that oftentimes goes unnoticed or under-served in the face of disturbances of the more “lethal reputation”. These disturbances of normal existence are arguably the most debilitating to vulnerable communities and sustainable development, and yet get little attention in disaster literature or in practice. LÄS MER
3. Family Planning (In)Activity - A Case Study of Women and Men’s Role and Responsibility on Family Planning in Metro Manila, the PhilippinesMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för kulturgeografi och ekonomisk geografi; Lunds universitet/LUMID International Master programme in applied International Development and Management
Sammanfattning : Having access to family planning (FP) services is a cornerstone for economic and social development. Because of reproductive health disparities between income groups, progressive policies have been passed in the Philippines to reduce the gaps. LÄS MER
4. The sharing economy in the Global South and sustainability transitions: An assessment of the sustainability claims and sustainability transitions in Metro Manila, PhilippinesMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Internationella miljöinstitutet
Sammanfattning : The sharing economy, new and still evolving, is being put forward as a potentially disruptive sustainable solution to economic, social and environmental problems. Its design is mainly shaped and analysed by people from the Global North, while the spread of sharing economy initiatives in the Global South has escaped the purview of scholars. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Socialhögskolan
Sammanfattning : According to the World Bank Group, social capital is an important factor in the process of fighting poverty in developing countries, and some researchers mean that cooperative organizations are the ultimate business model to create social capital (Majee & Hoyt, 2011). The aim of this study is to investigate whether or not social capital is emerging in a Philippine water cooperative, funded by the Swedish Cooperative Centre, located in Metro Manila. LÄS MER