Sökning: "Minority Expropriation"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 9 uppsatser innehållade orden Minority Expropriation.
- Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Företagsekonomiska institutionen; Uppsala universitet/Företagsekonomiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This study investigates payouts in Swedish family firms by focusing on both the level and speed of adjustment of dividends. In addition, the use of dual-class shares in family firms is examined to further identify potential drivers of payout differences between family-controlled companies and non-family firms. LÄS MER
2. The perceptions of young South Africans to the land reform : -A qualitative study of young people in StellenboschKandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS)
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this study is to examine the opinions of the land reform by the young population in Stellenbosch, South Africa. So far, the land reform that was implemented already in 1994, has not proven to be effective on the country’s huge inequality of land ownership between the black and white population. LÄS MER
- D-uppsats, Handelshögskolan i Stockholm/Institutionen för redovisning och finansiering
Sammanfattning : We examine the effect of having a controlling minority shareholder (CMS controller) - who holds a large fraction of a firm's voting rights without a proportional investment in the cash flow rights - on the extent of value creation from M&A transactions in Sweden. The data sample consists of 263 M&A transactions between 2003 and 2013, of which 109 were undertaken by firms with a CMS controller. LÄS MER
4. Dual-class share structure in the context of M&As: An empirical analysis of deals from Swedish public acquirers during 2001-2015D-uppsats, Handelshögskolan i Stockholm/Institutionen för finansiell ekonomi
Sammanfattning : In a sample of 665 firm-year observations of 206 Swedish public acquirers listed on NASDAQ Stockholm or NGM during the period 2001-2015, the thesis discusses the prevalence of dual-class structure and evaluates its effects on M&A decisions and performance. During the observation period, the percentage of dual-class companies has slightly declined from 57. LÄS MER
- C-uppsats, Handelshögskolan i Stockholm/Institutionen för finansiell ekonomi
Sammanfattning : This thesis investigates the relationship between firm performance and ownership concentration in Swedish firms. We find a negative nonlinear relationship, providing support for both a positive effect of ownership concentration, attributed to efficient monitoring, and a negative effect, attributed to expropriation of minority shareholders. LÄS MER