Sökning: "NGOs women"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 101 uppsatser innehållade orden NGOs women.
1. Working with Hand, Head, and Heart : A feminist critical discourse analysis of ‘Gender Equality as Smart Economics’Master-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Institutionen för ekonomisk historia och internationella relationer
Sammanfattning : The objective of this thesis is to gain more knowledge about the usage of the ‘Gender Equality as Smart Economic’ discourse in corporate-led women’s empowerment initiatives. This discourse can be understood as a vocabulary for discussing the business case for women’s empowerment which has diffused from development institutions to states, NGOs and corporations through a wide range of initiatives, policies, advertisement campaigns and development and humanitarian campaigns. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Företagsekonomi
Sammanfattning : Microfinance is the small-scale provision of financial services to poor people, particularly to women. Over the last four decades, the World Bankhas promoted microfinance as a key tool for addressing poverty alleviation and women’s empowerment (Weber, 2016). LÄS MER
3. The Right to Abortion : A qualitative analysis of NGOs viewpoint on what hinders women’s access to abortion in TunisiaKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Even though abortion is legal, the implementation of access to safe abortion is extremely complex and depends on the socio-economic and political context. In Tunisia, abortion has been legal for 50 years, yet the country still struggles with implementing safe abortion into health care services. LÄS MER
4. The Narrative of Women's Empowerment - A narrative analysis of the global versusthe local narrative of Women’s EmpowermentL2-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Mänskliga rättigheter
Sammanfattning : Empowerment, and particularly women’s empowerment, has become a catchphrase in the development industry over the past decades. The concept of women’s empowerment was developed by critical feminists largely originated in the West, which has raised several questions about how women’s empowerment translates across different cultures and contexts. LÄS MER
5. Det otillgängliga klimathotet? - En studie av hur publiken påverkas av en personifierad klimatjournalistikKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för journalistik, medier och kommunikation; Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för journalistik, medier och kommunikation
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this study is to analyse the effects of personalization in media, specifically media covering climate change. Personalization in media is a widely spread journalistic norm, yet it is not without some criticism from the academic world. LÄS MER