Sökning: "National Park"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 278 uppsatser innehållade orden National Park.
1. African elephants' effect on the temporal use of elephant highway by predator and prey. Makgadikgadi Pans National Park.Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet / Institutionen för biologi och miljövetenskap
Sammanfattning : African savanna elephants (Loxondonta africana) are the world’s largest land-mammal and are considered a keystone species. The effect they have on vegetation and their environment is well known, but their effect on other animal species is less studied. LÄS MER
2. Investigating the use of olfactory cues to re-direct African savannah elephant pathways. A potential conflict mitigation tool.Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet / Institutionen för biologi och miljövetenskap
Sammanfattning : Human-elephant conflict resulting from, for example crop raiding behaviour, poses a significant threat to the conservation of African savannah elephants (Loxodonta africana). These conflicts can lead to fatalities in both humans and elephants. LÄS MER
3. Exploring the Green Premium: A Hedonic Pricing Study on House Prices in Municipalities Adjacent to Färnebofjärden and Tyresta National ParksMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Graduate School
Sammanfattning : This thesis conducts a hedonic pricing model with multiple regression analysis to examine the relationship between proximity to Färnebofjärden and Tyresta National Parks and house prices in adjacent municipalities between 2019 and 2020. The literature reviewed indicates a positive correlation, but it has various gaps which our thesis addresses. LÄS MER
4. INVESTIGATING THE COVARIANCE BETWEEN RAINFALL AND MALE ELEPHANT MOVEMENT - To Reduce Human-Elephant ConflictKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet / Institutionen för biologi och miljövetenskap; Göteborgs universitet / Institutionen för biologi och miljövetenskap
Sammanfattning : Human-wildlife conflict threatens the survival of a range of species, including the savannah elephant (Loxodonta africana). Villages bordering the Makgadikgadi Pans National Park in Botswana are among the most affected by human-elephant conflict, and it is crucial to identify contributing factors to develop mitigation strategies. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Institutionen för geografi
Sammanfattning : The electricity demand in Norrbotten County is expected to increase from 8 TWh in 2019 to 107 TWh in 2050. A contributing role to the large electricity demand in Norrbotten County is that LKAB will make large investments within the company. LKAB's electricity needs will increase from 2 TWh in 2020 to 50 TWh in 2040. LÄS MER