Sökning: "National Security"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 667 uppsatser innehållade orden National Security.
1. The Road to (In)security: India’s Perception of Insecurity Towards the China-Pakistan Economic CorridorMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : Infrastructural techno-political regimes are growing all over the world. One such regime, theChinese One Belt One Road project (OBOR) is planned to have transnational connections to over65 countries, in Africa, Asia, and Europe. OBOR’s flagship project is the US$62 billion China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC). LÄS MER
2. Aligning Fortress Europe with the Rainbow? The Securitization of Migration and LGBTI Asylum Seekers in the European Union.Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : The increase of migration into the European Union, which peaked during the 2015humanitarian crisis of refugees, has raised concerns about security within nationalist politicaldiscourse across the EU. European right-wing populist discourse revolves around a perceivedthreat to national and European culture and identity, pushing adamantly for restrictions inmigration policy, and black-marking asylum seekers as hostile actors. LÄS MER
3. WOMEN & DEMOCRACY IN THE ARAB WORLD A Field Study on Women’s Political Participation in Post-revolution EgyptMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Among the countries involved in the 2011 Arab revolution, Egypt and Tunisia are considered to have developed the most. However, Tunisia is the only country recognised as having undergone asuccessful democratic transition, whilst the transition in Egypt has been unstable and not asprosperous. LÄS MER
4. Strategic narratives and public diplomacy in the Russian news media portrayal of Sweden: case of Russia TodayMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : With the changes in the means and the scope of global communication, images and stories, promoted by political elites are gaining real influence not only on hearts and minds but also on the policy-making in the international setting. In the twenty-first century, the concern of “whose story wins” has started to dominate the field of public diplomacy. LÄS MER
5. Mutual trust and the Rule of law - A study of the effect of the procedures under Article 7 TEU on the legal preconditions for the future application of the Framework Decision on the European arrest warrantMagister-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Juridiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : For the first time in the history of the European Union (EU), proceedings under Article 7(1) Treaty on the European Union (TEU) have been initiated, inviting the Council to determine the existence of a risk of violations of fundamental values enshrined in Article 2 TEU in Poland and Hungary. Even if such decisions would only have the function of a preventative measure with no sanctions, judgments from the Court of Justice indicate that national courts have shown doubts whether to execute requests for surrenders under the Framework Decision on the European arrest warrant (FD-EAW) to Member States criticised under Article 7(1) TEU. LÄS MER