Sökning: "National interests"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 454 uppsatser innehållade orden National interests.
1. A BALANCING ACT? A study on Sweden’s ambivalence in responding to pressure from the Chinese embassyMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Ever since Sweden was the first Western democracy to officially recognise the People’s Republic of China shortly after its establishment in 1949, the two states have enjoyed decades of successful and beneficial bilateral cooperation. However, the literature states that maintaining bilateral cooperation with a growing authoritarian great power has generated an ambivalence from Sweden on sensitive issues regarding China, in order to not jeopardize domestic economic interests. LÄS MER
2. Critical analysis of smart city from an NGO’s perspective towards sustainable urban development : a case study of Indonesia’s new capital cityMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/LUCSUS
Sammanfattning : Urban establishment from scratch based on a smart city vision has been mainstreamed as a strategy to achieve urban sustainability goals. However, the smart city model itself has been criticized because of how the techno-centric solutions it uses could potentially lead to economic and social inequality. LÄS MER
3. Landscapes of change and resistance : a case study of the mineral industry’s establishment in south-east SkåneKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för kulturgeografi och ekonomisk geografi
Sammanfattning : This paper studies the struggles over the landscape that emerge in south-east Skåne due to the exploration permission which was given to ScandiVanadium in 2018. It also examines how this permission has a background in trends of a green transition in the mineral industry. LÄS MER
4. Tiden påverkar debatten även för en kung : Karl XII:s eftermäle i tre svenska dagstidningar under tre jubileumsår, 1918-2018Kandidat-uppsats, Jönköping University/Högskolan för lärande och kommunikation
Sammanfattning : This study shows how the image of Karl XII and his political deed has changed in the public debate during a century. The study has also, with the help of analytical tools on uses of history, examined how the memory of Karl XII and his political deeds has been used by focusing on moral, political, ideological, scientific and existential interests. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för ABM; Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för ABM
Sammanfattning : In this thesis we explore the idea presented in the Swedish National Library Strategy (2019) to tie the public libraries closer to the nation’s total defense system. The purpose of the study has been to understand which problem this idea was formulated as a solution to and how the suggestion is problematized by information science professionals, using critical discourse analysis methods developed by Carol Bacchi. LÄS MER