Sökning: "Natural Disasters"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 193 uppsatser innehållade orden Natural Disasters.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för journalistik, medier och kommunikation; Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för journalistik, medier och kommunikation
Sammanfattning : Scientific evidence shows a connection between an increased frequency of intense natural disasters and man-made climate change. The purpose of this study is to see if – and to what extent – swedish press reports about climate change in their news coverage of natural disasters. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Luleå tekniska universitet/Datavetenskap
Sammanfattning : Predicting events based on available data is an effective way to protect human lives. Issuing health alert based on prediction of environmental pollution, executing timely evacuation of people from vulnerable areas based on prediction of natural disasters are the application areas of sensor data stream where accurate and timely prediction is crucial to safeguard people and assets. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Högskolan Dalarna/Energiteknik; Högskolan Dalarna/Energiteknik
Sammanfattning : Natural disasters and conflicts in many different parts of the world force thousands of people to get displaced from their homes and live in refugee camps temporarily or permanently. For refugee families, lack of energy access has great impact on their lives. LÄS MER
4. Climate change and human trafficking: an investigation into how climate change and natural disasters increase the risk of human trafficking and how it can be intercepted in the futureMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/LUCSUS
Sammanfattning : Human trafficking is an exploitative crime occurring worldwide. According to the International Organization on Migration (IOM), research on human trafficking’s underlying causes is lacking; particularly the role of climate change and natural disasters. LÄS MER
5. GIS-based crisis communication : A platform for authorities to communicate with the public during wildfireMaster-uppsats, KTH/Geoinformatik; KTH/Geoinformatik
Sammanfattning : Today, people are used to having technology as a constant aid. This also sets expectations that information should always be available. LÄS MER