Sökning: "Natural disaster."
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 153 uppsatser innehållade orden Natural disaster..
- Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för journalistik, medier och kommunikation; Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för journalistik, medier och kommunikation
Sammanfattning : Scientific evidence shows a connection between an increased frequency of intense natural disasters and man-made climate change. The purpose of this study is to see if – and to what extent – swedish press reports about climate change in their news coverage of natural disasters. LÄS MER
2. Resilience from within or without? : An ethnographic study of resilience mechanisms in southern ColombiaMagister-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS)
Sammanfattning : The emergence of resilience in the peacebuilding field shows an important change of paradigm and turn to the local context. So far few ethnographic research has been done to understand how resilience works locally and what are the mechanisms helping individuals to cope and recover from a crisis. LÄS MER
3. Climate change and human trafficking: an investigation into how climate change and natural disasters increase the risk of human trafficking and how it can be intercepted in the futureMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/LUCSUS
Sammanfattning : Human trafficking is an exploitative crime occurring worldwide. According to the International Organization on Migration (IOM), research on human trafficking’s underlying causes is lacking; particularly the role of climate change and natural disasters. LÄS MER
- D-uppsats, Handelshögskolan i Stockholm/Institutionen för nationalekonomi
Sammanfattning : This paper sets out to study the short-term e ffects of climatic disasters on two macroeconomic variables: output and prices. The study makes use of a panel vector-autoregression model in the presence of endogenous variables and exogenous shocks (VAR-X), and applies it to a 1960--2017 cross-country panel. LÄS MER
5. Mobile-Based Early WarningSystems in Mozambique. : An exploratory study on the viability to integrate Cell Broadcast into disaster mitigation routines.Kandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för informatik och media
Sammanfattning : Mozambique is one of the countries most affected by natural hazards in the world. Therefore it can benefit greatly from enhancements on its early warning system. LÄS MER