Sökning: "Networked social movements"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 6 uppsatser innehållade orden Networked social movements.
1. Putting people back into the economy: Urban restructuring and emerging alternatives in time of crisisMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för kulturgeografi och ekonomisk geografi
Sammanfattning : In many cities around the world, the financial crisis 2007 served as an opportunity both for grassroots movements and governments to rethink existing models of urban development. Some authors have pointed out that the crisis served to elevate discourses for progressive post-neoliberal urban transformations. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Medie- och kommunikationsvetenskap
Sammanfattning : This study analyses Chinese people's engagement in #MeTooinChina against sexual assault and patriarchal norms in Chinese society by asking three main research questions: 1) Why and how do Chinese people engage with #MeTooinChina? 2) What challenges are they faced with in their engagement and how do these challenges influence their continuous engagement with #MeTooinChina? 3) How do they reflect on their engagement and evaluate the outcomes of #MeTooinChina? Theoretically the thesis draws on research into digital social movements, in particular in relation to feminist movements, as well as theories on the network society and how social media is used for political engagement. The notion of political engagement as based in emotions and affects is discussed in particular. LÄS MER
3. Not One (Woman) Less Social Media Activism to end Violence Against Women: The case of the Feminist Movement ‘Ni Una Menos’.Magister-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Kultur och samhälle
Sammanfattning : The struggle to end violence against women and girls has long been a priority topic for women’s and feminist movements in Latin America. Lately, since the changes in the new media landscape (Castells 2015; Lievrouw, 2013) with the increased use of information and communication technologies (ICTs), such as social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter, the way women and feminist movements advocate their intentions are changing (Harcourt, 2013; Mathos, 2017). LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för informationsteknologi
Sammanfattning : The wide-scale deployment of networked communication and sensing devices, e.g. phones and tablets, provides a previously unimaginable amount of information about people's environment and movements. These devices often have access to high accuracy localization technology, such as GPS and Wi-Fi/cell tower localization. LÄS MER
5. The Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement and the Networked Public Sphere : How to avoid a Convergent CrisisMagister-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Medier och kommunikation
Sammanfattning : Communications scholarship faces a convergent crisis. Research on networks includes the role of information networks in supporting social movements, networked civil society, the information society, and new forms of communication. LÄS MER