Sökning: "New Economic Geography"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 53 uppsatser innehållade orden New Economic Geography.
1. Development of a GIS methodology to evaluate informal urban green areas for inclusion in a community governance programMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : Informal green spaces are “small green areas” which are some square meter plots along streets or in junctions, in front of public or private buildings. Informal urban green space become or remain in neglected condition due to the lack of capacity of the municipality to maintain them. LÄS MER
2. Agricultural Agglomeration Infrastructure and Agricultural market integration for emergent farmersMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Ekonomisk-historiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis seeks to explain constraining effects of distance to markets on agricultural smallholder’s ability to commercialise, using Zambia as a case. Despite a growing consensus that inaccessible markets constrain the development of broad-based agricultural growth, creating socio-economic regional disparities, the exact nature by which distance and market access interact with agricultural producers remains under-examined. LÄS MER
3. Tillgänglighet och regional tillväxt. Vilka konsekvenser ger transportinfrastruktur för nya regioner och vilka är drivkrafterna bakom regional tillväxt?Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för kulturgeografi och ekonomisk geografi
Sammanfattning : This bachelor thesis investigates how investments in new sets of transportation infrastructures could affect regional development. By using central theories for transportation geography and regional development, empirical comparison and interviews with experts within the field and politicians, this paper answer four different research questions to discuss the purpose of the thesis. LÄS MER
4. IN THE MIDDLE OF EVERYWHERE : A Hypothetical Studies for a New Travel Hub Between Europe and AsiaMagister-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Kulturgeografi
Sammanfattning : The development of air transport industry contributes to the economic growth worldwide. It evolves from a luxury form of transportation to an affordable and quick way to move between places. LÄS MER
5. A GIS-based multi-criteria decision analysis of wind farm site suitability in New South Wales, Australia, from a sustainable development perspectiveMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : The interest for renewable energy within Australia is growing and the New South Wales (NSW) Government has committed to a Renewable Energy Target scheme of 20 percent renewable energy by 2020. Wind energy is a mature renewable energy resource, which has been successfully deployed for electricity generation around the world. LÄS MER