Sökning: "New Economic Geography"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 50 uppsatser innehållade orden New Economic Geography.
1. Tillgänglighet och regional tillväxt. Vilka konsekvenser ger transportinfrastruktur för nya regioner och vilka är drivkrafterna bakom regional tillväxt?Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för kulturgeografi och ekonomisk geografi
Sammanfattning : This bachelor thesis investigates how investments in new sets of transportation infrastructures could affect regional development. By using central theories for transportation geography and regional development, empirical comparison and interviews with experts within the field and politicians, this paper answer four different research questions to discuss the purpose of the thesis. LÄS MER
2. A GIS-based multi-criteria decision analysis of wind farm site suitability in New South Wales, Australia, from a sustainable development perspectiveMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : The interest for renewable energy within Australia is growing and the New South Wales (NSW) Government has committed to a Renewable Energy Target scheme of 20 percent renewable energy by 2020. Wind energy is a mature renewable energy resource, which has been successfully deployed for electricity generation around the world. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Ekonomisk-historiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis analyses regional industrial concentration and the determinants of industrial location in Sweden during the first half of the twentieth century. First, it is identified how geographical concentration of industry evolved in this country. LÄS MER
4. State Sector Relocations in Sweden : A Municipality-Level Panel Data Analysis on the Effects of Relocation on Regional DevelopmentMaster-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Kulturgeografi
Sammanfattning : In this thesis, the effects that state sector relocations have on regional development in Sweden are investigated. In January 2017, a government report was released, suggesting the relocation of 10 000 state sector jobs from the capital of Stockholm to other parts of Sweden in order to enhance the preconditions for regional development in the destination localities. LÄS MER
5. The unfinished convergence between East and West Germany: Patterns of Scale and Agglomeration Effects in East GermanyKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Ekonomisk-historiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Since the economic convergence between East and West Germany has come to a halt, the lack of scale and agglomeration effects is assumed to be contributing to this trend of stagnation. This paper studies the development of patterns of these effects in East Germany with an emphasis on the German reunification and economic integration process while accounting for asymmetries between East and West. LÄS MER