Sökning: "New Economics of Labour Migration"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 7 uppsatser innehållade orden New Economics of Labour Migration.
1. The Formation of Return Migration Intentions: An Intra-Household Analysis of Foreign Families Residing in ItalyMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Ekonomisk-historiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This study inspects the micro-determinants of return intentions for foreign nuclear families in Italy. In particular, I argue against the unitary nature of households and focus on intra-household patterns of decision-making, which have been largely neglected by previous studies. LÄS MER
2. En majoritet av minoriteten - En intervjustudie som söker förståelse för den hazariska invandringen till EuropaKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : In this thesis I seek to understand why a majority of the Afghans that have migrated to Europe during the last decade belong to the Hazara ethnicity. Reports claim that the situation has improved dramatically for the minority since the fall of Taliban in 2001 and there is currently no legal opportunity for refuge on the basis of ethnicity. LÄS MER
3. Environmental Migration in Bolivia? : Perceived effects of climate variability on internal migration to the area of SacabaKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Kulturgeografiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : There has been an on-going discussion between researchers regarding the economic and climate induced reasons for migration (Renaud et al. 2011, Afifi, 2011). There also seems to be insufficient data when it comes to internal migration within low-income countries (Tacolí, 2009). LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Ekonomisk-historiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The so-called “Healthy Immigrant Effect” (HIE) is based on two complementary hypotheses: i) immigrants who recently arrived to a new country present a better health than the native-born population with similar socio-demographic characteristics; ii) immigrant´s health deteriorates faster than that of the native-born and converges towards native-born levels with the years lived in the host country. This phenomenon has been widely studied for working immigrants in countries who have traditionally received large flows of labour migration as Australia, Canada and the US. LÄS MER
5. The role of poor rural families economic situation in the decision-making process concerning migration : A field study conducted in Kebumen Regency, Java, IndonesiaKandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för nationalekonomi och statistik (NS); Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för nationalekonomi och statistik (NS)
Sammanfattning : The main objective of this bachelor thesis is to analyse the dynamic and complex decision-making process that households with temporary overseas migrating family members do before migrating. The aim of this thesis is to understand why this phenomenon occurs in less developed areas, though the background of the thesis is trying to address the need of positive relationship between migration and development. LÄS MER