Sökning: "Nordens Ark"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 26 uppsatser innehållade orden Nordens Ark.
1. Analyzing Factors Influencing Reproductive Success of the Mountain Chicken : Nordens Ark Captive Breeding ProgramKandidat-uppsats, Högskolan i Skövde/Institutionen för biovetenskap
Sammanfattning : Amphibians globally are declining with roughly a third facing extinction due primarily to threats linked to human impacts. One way in which this is being combated is by captive breeding programs. LÄS MER
2. Zoo animal training – implications for the human-animal relationship, control and motivation : case study training red panda (Ailurus fulgens) for husbandry proceduresKandidat-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Animal Environment and Health
Sammanfattning : Zoo animals are trained for a lot of different reasons including facilitating husbandry procedures, physical exercise and mental stimulation. Training has also been shown to reduce stereotypies in captive wild animals. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Animal Environment and Health
Sammanfattning : Welfare constitutes of health, physiology, behaviour and reproduction. It becomes very important when a species suffers in any of these parameters and thus, the assessment of welfare should be carried out. Play behaviour has been identified as a positive behaviour performed when satisfactory circumstances are present. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Aquatic Sciences and Assessment
Sammanfattning : Detta examensarbete undersöker sambandet mellan fukthalt i gräsmarkers finmaterial och spridningshastighet i en brandfront, samt skillnaden mellan betade och obetade marker. Genom att mäta andra förhållanden som biomassa och medelvindhastighet kan även andra eventuella samband beräknas utöver fukthalten. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Animal Environment and Health
Sammanfattning : The Asiatic wild dog (Cuon alpinus), or Dhole, is a medium sized canid, and currently the most endangered carnivore in all of Asia. The species is divided into a northern and a southern group, with eleven subspecies, and populations of the species exist in scattered and broken up habitats across several Southeast Asian countries. LÄS MER