Sökning: "Nuclear reactor"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 105 uppsatser innehållade orden Nuclear reactor.
1. Development of a Nordic BWR plant model in APROS and design of a power controller using the control rodsMaster-uppsats, KTH/Fysik
Sammanfattning : In this master thesis an input-model of a Nordic BWR power plant has been developed in APROS. The plant model contains key systems and major thermohydraulic components of the steam cycle, including I&C systems (i.e. power, pressure, level and flow controls). LÄS MER
2. Validating results from the Molten Salt Reactor Experiment by use of turbulent CFD simulations : A study of a modified U-tube shell-and-tube primary heat exchanger and radiator with molten saltsMaster-uppsats, Luleå tekniska universitet/Rymdteknik
Sammanfattning : Background Nuclear reactors utilizing molten fuels rather than solid fuels show a massive advantage in energy yield, waste handling and safety features. The only successful reactor utilizing a molten fuel was called the ‘Molten Salt Reactor Experiment’ (MSRE), built and operated in the Oak Ridge national laboratory (ORNL) in Tennessee, U.S.A. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Kärnfysik; Lunds universitet/Fysiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This report outlines the first stages of the development of the Neutron Activation Analysis station at the Lund Ion Beam Analysis Facility in the Division of Nuclear Physics, Lund University. The motivation for this project is to use the Neutron Activation Analysis detection technique for environmental monitoring around the European Spallation Source, soon to come into operation. LÄS MER
- Uppsats för yrkesexamina på avancerad nivå, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för byggvetenskaper; Lunds universitet/Hållfasthetslära
Sammanfattning : This report presents a suggestion of an improved method for evaluation of a fuel handling accidents. Using a 3D FE-model and ANSYS LS-DYNA EXT the structural analysis is carried out. Importing geometry from SpaceClaim and simplifying it creates the geometry used in this analysis. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Kemiteknik (CI)
Sammanfattning : The energy system in Sweden is currently under a great transformation, where the part of weather dependent energy sources, so called intermittent sources, like solar and wind power will get greater share in the total production of electricity while the production from stable energy sources like nuclear power is decreasing. For a long time, the nuclear power have been operating at baseload and the hydropower as flexible, though, due to the change in the current power system, nuclear power plants may need to transit to flexible operation and apply load following. LÄS MER