Sökning: "Octavia Butler"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 6 uppsatser innehållade orden Octavia Butler.
1. "Orgies of Breeding and Dying": Unmapping the Politics of Death in Octavia E. Butler’s Parable of the SowerKandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Kultur och samhälle
Sammanfattning : This thesis investigates the relationship between necropolitics and spatiality in Octavia E. Butler’s critical dystopian science-fiction novel Parable of the Sower. In the novel, some groups of the population are marked for death, while others are marked for life. LÄS MER
2. Genom våra ögon : En komparativ litteraturanalys av Margaret Atwoods The Handmaid’s Tale och Octavia E. Butlers Kindred, utifrån forskningsfältet kulturella minnesstudierKandidat-uppsats, Södertörns högskola/Litteraturvetenskap
Sammanfattning : This essay’s primarily focus is on the common discourse about the persisting effects of the past in the present in Margaret Atwood’s The Handmaid’s Tale(1985)and Octavia E. Butler’s Kindred (1979).These novels are the testimonies of the protagonists Offred and Dana who shares their experience of traumatic violence and oppression. LÄS MER
3. Counteracting racist attitudes and prejudices in the EFL-classroom: : An investigation on the effects of the social environment around the white character Rufus Weylin in the Antebellum South as depicted in Octavia E. Butler’s novel Kindred.Uppsats för yrkesexamina på grundnivå, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för språk (SPR)
Sammanfattning : The multicultural classroom is becoming more prominent in Sweden. Students from different cultures and ethnicities meet to learn in the same environment. In a changing society, the need to develop acceptance towards others is more important than ever. LÄS MER
4. “To shape God, Shape Self”: The Political Manipulation of the Human Body and Reclamation of Space in Octavia E. Butler’s The Parable of the SowerKandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Kultur och samhälle
Sammanfattning : This paper considers the role of the human body in Octavia E. Butler’s The Parable of the Sower and the way it interacts with defined space to stage expressive forms of political opposition. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Engelska
Sammanfattning : Science fiction and feminist theory have a lot in common. They are both grounded in contemporary times, but envisions another. This essay looks at how women writers have used science fiction to talk about central themes in feminism, namely motherhood and pregnancy. These two are interesting because they are experiences based in the cis-female body. LÄS MER