Sökning: "Official Development Assistance"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 54 uppsatser innehållade orden Official Development Assistance.
1. DOES FOREIGN AID PROMOTE HUMAN RIGHTS? Evidence from a quantitative large-N study of 121 aid-receiving countries, 2003-2021Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Human rights are in crisis. Even if the Universal Declaration of Human Rights celebrates 75 years in 2023, the anniversary comes at a time when the world is experiencing human suffering so grave that international human rights organizations are alerting for a global human rights crisis. LÄS MER
2. TACKLING CLIMATE CHANGE: EXAMINING BUREAUCRATIC INFLUENCES ON GREEN AID A quantitative study of the effect of politicized bureaucracy on the effectiveness of climate mitigating aid – a global perspective.Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The climate threat is alarming, which has spurred research regarding how to mitigate its consequences. A significant amount of environmental aid is transferred yearly, to help developing countries adjust and mitigate climate change. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Ekonomisk-historiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This paper empirically discusses the interaction between Chinese Official Development Assistance (ODA) and Sub-Saharan tax revenue 2000-2017. Through the use of the methods OLS and IV, I pose the question whether there is evidence supporting the tax-aid nexus, which suggests a negative impact of increasing foreign aid on tax revenue. LÄS MER
4. Donors’ priorities when reducing HMA allocation : Are the needs of people the criteria of decision-making when it comes to budget cuts in Humanitarian Mine Action?Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för freds- och konfliktforskning
Sammanfattning : There is always competition between regions when it comes to their needs after facing a conflict, disaster, or long-term crisis. Donors allocating ODA or Humanitarian Assistance must decide to whom they want to allocate their support. LÄS MER
5. Aid Strategies of an Asian Democracy: The Formation of Japanese Governance and Democracy Promotion in the FieldMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Graduate School
Sammanfattning : This is a study of the promotion of democracy and governance as a part of Japan’s official development cooperation. Despite being one of few Asian democracies among aid donors, Japan’s work with democracy and governance has largely been overlooked in the discussion of its aid programme. LÄS MER