Sökning: "Okun´s law"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 6 uppsatser innehållade orden Okun´s law.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för nationalekonomi med statistik
Sammanfattning : To forcast inflation is an important part of the Central bank’s role. The aim with this thesis is to study if the unemployment gap is a better measure than the GDP-gap when it comes to forcasting inflation. Our theoretical framework builds on the theory of the Phillipscurve and Okun’s law. We are using quarterly data from period 1993 to 2016. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Nationalekonomi; Umeå universitet/Nationalekonomi
Sammanfattning : In the 60’s, the first article identifying the relationship between output growth and unemployment were released, with the purpose of providing a tool for US authorities to estimate the effect of labour policy on output. This article, presented by Arthur Okun, came to lay the foundation for the commonly known empirical relationship, named Okun’s law. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Luleå tekniska universitet/Institutionen för ekonomi, teknik och samhälle; Luleå tekniska universitet/Institutionen för ekonomi, teknik och samhälle
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this thesis is to investigate whether Okun’s law is valid within Sweden. Furthermore, we are also interested in studying how it varies with different genders and age groups. Quarterly data on GDP and unemployment between the years 1980 to 2015 is used. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Södertörns högskola/Institutionen för samhällsvetenskaper
Sammanfattning : The main objective of this research paper is to find the association between unemployment rate and GDP growth which is presented empirically by Arthur Okun’s in early 1960s. For this purpose I have used annual time series data during the period 1981-2005 of Pakistan. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Nationalekonomiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The study focused on possible reasons behind Poland’s structural unemployment. The purpose was to examine and provide a macroeconomic explanation for this phenomenon. LÄS MER