Sökning: "Participatory GIS"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 19 uppsatser innehållade orden Participatory GIS.
1. Solar photovoltaic potential to complement hydropower in Ecuador : a GIS-based framework of analysisMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : In Ecuador, more than 85% of electricity production relies on hydropower and consequently the supply of electricity relies on water availability. During the dry season (October-March) hydropower capacity could diminish up to one-third of its installed capacity or more under a severe drought causing a substantial augmentation of thermoelectric power output to offset the lack of hydropower to cover electricity demand, and consequently increasing the overall operational cost and emission of CO2 of the power system. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Avdelningen för Riskhantering och Samhällssäkerhet
Sammanfattning : Urban fires, particularly in informal settlements in rapidly urbanizing cities in the developing world, are an “everyday disaster” that oftentimes goes unnoticed or under-served in the face of disturbances of the more “lethal reputation”. These disturbances of normal existence are arguably the most debilitating to vulnerable communities and sustainable development, and yet get little attention in disaster literature or in practice. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : This research project was inspired by the increase in popularity of hillwalking and the problem of the lack of monitoring and maintenance of upland paths which may lead to serious deterioration of those paths. Wicklow Mountains National Park (WMNP), just south of Dublin City in Ireland, has a large network of mostly informal upland paths. LÄS MER
4. Gendered spatial realities - Exploring the complexity of gendered space and place in Rosengård through a feminist application of GISMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för kulturgeografi och ekonomisk geografi
Sammanfattning : This thesis is an exploration of the complexity of gendered spaces and places. Grounding in feminist geographical theory and an understanding of space and place as gendered, the experiences and emotions of six young women from Rosengård, Malmö, connected to space and place are problematized and contextualised. LÄS MER
- Magister-uppsats, KTH/Urbana och regionala studier
Sammanfattning : It is widely claimed that geographic information and maps are highly political. Many researchers have detailed the source of the power of maps and their ability to serve specific interests, represent certain ideologies and perpetuate systems of exclusion (Harley, 1988; Harvey, 1998; Wood, 1992). LÄS MER