Sökning: "Peace- and conflict"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 574 uppsatser innehållade orden Peace- and conflict.
1. The inclusion of girls depends on women : A study of the inclusion of girls associated with armed forces and armed groups in DDR programs by women mediators in Colombia, the DRC and SomaliaMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Teologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis analyzes the relation between women mediators in peace negotiations and the inclusion of female child soldiers in disarm, demobilize and reintegrate (DDR) processes. Research shows that despite the adoption of UNSCR 1325 and the Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women, there is low participation of women in peace processes. LÄS MER
2. How much is (not) enough? : A Study of the Effect of Power-sharing Provisions on post-treaty Conflict-Related Sexual Violence by Rebel Groups in sub-Sahara AfricaMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för freds- och konfliktforskning
Sammanfattning : This thesis studies why some non-state armed groups commit high levels of post-treaty conflict-related sexual violence (CRSV) while others do not. The presented mechanism suggests that limited power-sharing provisions in a peace accord provide few incentives for group leaders to stay committed to the peace process. LÄS MER
3. The Possible Prospects of the Weak Veto reform proposal for the United Nations Security Council : A discourse analysis of United Nations Security Council meeting documentsKandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Malmö högskola/Institutionen för globala politiska studier (GPS)
Sammanfattning : Throughout the years many have called for a reform of the United Nations and more specifically its most influential body the United Nations Security Council. The Security Council has the authority to pass resolutions with the sole purpose to preserve the peace around the globe, in theory at least. LÄS MER
4. Does higher quality peacekeepers equal better civilian protection? : A qualitative research study on UN-peacekeeping effectiveness in Mali and the DRCKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för freds- och konfliktforskning
Sammanfattning : The aim of this thesis was to investigate whether higher quality troops would perform better in civilian protection within UN-peacekeeping missions. The appropriate method to answer this question was through a Structured Focused Comparison and the most similar system design. LÄS MER
5. A Liberal Peace? The Dayton Agreement and Democratization in Bosnia and Herzegovina 25 years laterKandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS)
Sammanfattning : Over time, hundreds of peace agreements have been signed in different parts of the world. Most of those peace agreements have not brought sustainable peace. Studies show that only 50% of the peace agreements survive for 5 years. LÄS MER