Sökning: "Peace- and security discourse"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 45 uppsatser innehållade orden Peace- and security discourse.
1. ”Just add women and stir?” En diskursanalys av kvinnligt deltagande och aktörskap i resolution 2122 och Nigerias nationella handlingsplan för implementering av kvinnor, fred och säkerhetKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Based on the extensive criticism surrounding the victimization of women in the women, peace and security agenda discourse, this essay seeks to analyze the discourse after the adaption of resolution 2122, a widely recognized step in the direction to focus more on women’s participation. The aim of the study is thus to analyze the discourse around women’s participation and agency on a global and national level and thereby analyze if the discourse prescribes opportunities or limits for women’s agency and participation. LÄS MER
2. Friktion i fredsoperationer: De globala, nationella och glokala freds- och säkerhetsdiskurserna gällande Afghanistaninsatsen under åren 2010–2012Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This study focuses on friction between global, national and glocal actors and discourses regarding the military operation in Afghanistan, with the delimitation to the years 2010-2012. The study aims to explain and gain a deeper understanding of the friction between global, national and glocal actors that exists in peace operations and to further develop the theory about global and local friction in peace operations. LÄS MER
3. Sexual violence in non-international armed conflict: a tactic of warfare or an act of torture under international law?Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Juridiska institutionen; Lunds universitet/Juridiska fakulteten
Sammanfattning : Conflict-related sexual violence should not be regarded just a symptom of war or evidence of its violent excess. It is criminalised as a violation of international law, as a war crime, a crime against humanity and, in some cases, as a component of genocide. LÄS MER
4. ‘Hambi bleibt!’ - Securitizing the Environment - A case study of discursive threat-construction surrounding the Hambach ForestKandidat-uppsats, Malmö universitet/Kultur och samhälle
Sammanfattning : Although issues linked to global environmental change and its role within peace, conflict and security have been subject to social and political controversy for years, they are still not sufficiently respected by energy companies, trade unions, national governments and international institutions alike. Through applying the tools of a single instrumental case study linked to the application of discourse analysis I, this study explores the process of securitization of the environment in the extraordinary case of the resistance and occupation surrounding the Hambach Forest, thereby countering the widely held assumption that collective action aimed at radically changing existing structures is not possible. LÄS MER
5. Resolutionerna 1737 och 2231 om Irans urananrikning : en kritisk diskursanalys av mötesprotokoll med postkolonialt perspektivL2-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Mänskliga rättigheter
Sammanfattning : The meeting protocols regarding resolution 1737 and 2231 are based on Irans alleged uranium enrichment, which with technical capacity, can develop into a nuclear program with military purposes. The United Nations Security Council have used sanctions to control Irans uranium enrichment and the opinion differs if they have been effective or even justified due to the effects it has had on the country and its citizens. LÄS MER