Sökning: "Physical Geography and Ecosystem analysis"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 175 uppsatser innehållade orden Physical Geography and Ecosystem analysis.
1. Modelling gross primary production in semi-arid regions: effects on carbon uptake of intensive agriculture in southern KenyaMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : Background and aim: Gross primary production (GPP) is the largest global carbon (C) flux and an important component for counteracting anthropogenic CO2 emissions, understanding vegetation dynamics, and sustaining universal human standards. Africa plays a prominent role in the global C cycle, though our understanding of GPP dynamics is largely hampered by a paucity of ground-based observations. LÄS MER
2. ENSO teleconnections - Analysis of time lag between tropical Pacific sea surface temperature and climate and vegetation anomaliesMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : El Niño-Southern Oscillation (ENSO) affects weather and climate in regions spread all around the Earth via teleconnections. While quite a lot of research has been done on recognizing what regions are affected by these and what is the sign of the associated temperature, rainfall and vegetation anomalies, not that much attention has been paid to the timing of the impacts with respect to the ENSO state. LÄS MER
3. NDVI time series analysis for desert locust outbreak detection and quantification analysis of its impact on vegetation productivity of SahelMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : It has been shown that the semi-arid environment of the Sahelian belt plays an important role in the global carbon uptake as the fluctuation of its primary productivity can be determinant for the global carbon uptake. The insect Schistocerca gregaria commonly known as the desert locust is a disturbance factor that can affect the vegetation productivity for consecutive seasons. LÄS MER
4. A remote-sensing approach to studying drought resistance in Swedish old-growth and production forestsMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : Boreal forest ecosystems are predicted to experience hotter and drier summers due to climate change, leading to more frequently reduced soil water availability and an increased risk of droughts, as was already the case in Northern Europe during the severe summer drought of 2018. Prolonged water stress in forest ecosystems can lead to impacts ranging from reduced photosynthesis to forest dieback. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : Automatic label placement on maps has been studied for many decades. This study has addressed the problem of automatic label placement by applying the labelling library PAL for labelling static, large scale city maps which the map company T-Kartor produces. Label placement rules were acquired from an interview with a person from the company. LÄS MER