Sökning: "Physical Geography"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 482 uppsatser innehållade orden Physical Geography.
1. Modelling gross primary production in semi-arid regions: effects on carbon uptake of intensive agriculture in southern KenyaMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : Background and aim: Gross primary production (GPP) is the largest global carbon (C) flux and an important component for counteracting anthropogenic CO2 emissions, understanding vegetation dynamics, and sustaining universal human standards. Africa plays a prominent role in the global C cycle, though our understanding of GPP dynamics is largely hampered by a paucity of ground-based observations. LÄS MER
2. ENSO teleconnections - Analysis of time lag between tropical Pacific sea surface temperature and climate and vegetation anomaliesMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi och ekosystemvetenskap
Sammanfattning : El Niño-Southern Oscillation (ENSO) affects weather and climate in regions spread all around the Earth via teleconnections. While quite a lot of research has been done on recognizing what regions are affected by these and what is the sign of the associated temperature, rainfall and vegetation anomalies, not that much attention has been paid to the timing of the impacts with respect to the ENSO state. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för kulturgeografi och ekonomisk geografi
Sammanfattning : Although much research has been conducted regarding the uneven distribution of land in developing countries, such work tends to focus on rural land dispossession. In turn, land inequality in urban property markets of vulnerable economies remains somewhat understudied. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, KTH/Numerisk analys, NA
Sammanfattning : The history of Easter Island, with its cultural and ecological mysteries, has attracted the interests of archaeologists, anthropologists, ecologists, and economists alike. Despite the great scientific efforts, uncertainties in the available archaeological and palynological data leave a number of critical issues unsolved and open to debate. LÄS MER
5. Skogsbränder, en fara eller icke fara? : En studie om framtidens skogsbränder, dess konsekvenser och bekämpningKandidat-uppsats, Karlstads universitet/Institutionen för sociala och psykologiska studier (from 2013)
Sammanfattning : In 2018, forest fires occurred in Sweden, which put high pressure on rescue services and society. Several parts of the country were subject to a fire ban. The purpose of the document study is to investigate whether forest fires could become a continuous danger for municipalities and their inhabitants in the future. LÄS MER