Sökning: "Planetary Boundaries"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 51 uppsatser innehållade orden Planetary Boundaries.
1. Emotional reactions to climate change and associated coping strategies: a grounded theory study on graduate students of sustainability-related programmesMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Uppsala centrum för hållbar utveckling, CSD Uppsala
Sammanfattning : Climate change is happening. Yet this phenomenon does not only concern the environment, but also has various notable and important psychological implications for individuals in particular and society in general. LÄS MER
2. Eco-efficiency in Swedish dairy farms : incorporating sustainability into the measure of eco-efficiencyMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Economics
Sammanfattning : This thesis introduces a novel method to incorporate absolute values of GHG emissions into the measure of eco-efficiency. The aim is to assess eco-efficiency in Swedish dairy farms and adjusting the scores towards a threshold of absolute levels of GHG emissions using the proposed method. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Högskolan i Gävle/Avdelningen för byggnadsteknik, energisystem och miljövetenskap
Sammanfattning : Energy production systems are essential for human progress. They fuel the technologies that underpin economic growth and are prerequisite for efficient food production, education and healthcare. On the flip side, they also incur substantial eco-social costs. LÄS MER
4. Moving from shareholder to stakeholder value : an investigation into blockchain and its ability to govern common pool resources and incentivize collaborative behaviorMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/LUCSUS
Sammanfattning : The transgression of Earth’s nine planetary boundaries is a phenomena that will have consequences shared by us all. Contemporary political and economic paradigms vow for the substitution of Earth’s limited natural capital with growing human capital for our self-aggrandizing interests. LÄS MER
5. To waste, or to resource? A comparative Life Cycle Assessment of recovering bottom ash from waste incineration for use in road construction in Malmö.Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Internationella miljöinstitutet
Sammanfattning : The low-carbon benefits and emissions savings from circular economy (CE) strategies are not yet well understood, yet are crucial for global development within Planetary Boundaries. Using the mineral fraction of waste incinerator bottom ash (MIBA) as construction material in road construction is one application of a CE strategy that could lead to environmental gains by substituting energy-intensive primary material and avoiding its alternative disposal in a landfill. LÄS MER