Sökning: "Political Ecology"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 64 uppsatser innehållade orden Political Ecology.
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Avdelningen för konsthistoria och visuella studier
Sammanfattning : Although landscape representations in the US-European culture have traditionally been acknowledged as a peaceful ordering of the world or the tool of imperialism, nationalism and private property (sometimes all simultaneously), a new shift in the landscape scopic regime seems to be happening. Produced by the current rise of concerns around climate change and environmental crisis, this shift seems to be related to a specific attention to land use and land value. LÄS MER
2. Forest Management Decentralisation in a REDD+ World : A Case Study of a REDD+ Pilot Project in the Kolo Hills Forests, Kondoa District, TanzaniaMaster-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi
Sammanfattning : Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradatin (REDD+) is a market-based approachto address tropical deforestation as a key driver of anthropogenic climate change. In Tanzania, participatory forest management (PFM) was used as a vehicle for the institutionalisation of REDD+and implementation of pilot initiatives. LÄS MER
3. Que(e)rdenker*innen united :politicizing ecological grief within Western cultures of unsustainability through impulses from queer ecological theory and practiceMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/LUCSUS
Sammanfattning : Jegliche Auseinandersetzung mit ökologischer Literatur suggeriert, dass wir uns aufgrund des anthropogenen Klimawandels in einem Zeitalter bisher ungesehener ökologischer Verluste befinden. Eine häufige Reaktion darauf ist ökologische Trauer. LÄS MER
4. Green Infrastructure a line of trees or a philosophy? A study of a contested concept at the County Administrative Board of SkåneMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för kulturgeografi och ekonomisk geografi
Sammanfattning : Landscape fragmentation and decreasing habitat areas poses a threat to biodiversity worldwide. Green infrastructure has developed as a conservation approach promoting habitat connectivity on a landscape scale. However, green infrastructure is much more than a network of natural structures and elements enabling species movement. LÄS MER
5. Whisky is for drinking; Water is for fighting over : a critical investigation of the decision to build the Broken Hill PipelineMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/LUCSUS
Sammanfattning : Water is a necessity for human survival, and a lack of sufficient clean water can have severe negative impacts on human health, economic activity, food security and societal relations. Increasing demand on water resources around the globe often leads to conflicts between different water users who compete for available supplies. LÄS MER