Sökning: "Political Ecology"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 133 uppsatser innehållade orden Political Ecology.
- Kandidat-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Forest Ecology and Management
Sammanfattning : Under 1800-talet avverkades stora mängder virke i de svenska skogarna och mot slutet av århundradet spreds en oro för virkesbrist i landet. Detta ledde till att den första Skogsvårdslagen togs fram 1903. Lagen innehöll framförallt krav på att återbeskoga mark efter avverkning. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Europastudier
Sammanfattning : In recent years there has been a major change in environmental policy areas, especially when the EU has invested substantial resources in the environmental as well the energy sector. This paper analyzes one of the actors, Fredrick Federley and The Swedish Center Party, who worked on the issue between 2014-2018. LÄS MER
3. Forest Management Decentralisation in a REDD+ World : A Case Study of a REDD+ Pilot Project in the Kolo Hills Forests, Kondoa District, TanzaniaMaster-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Institutionen för naturgeografi
Sammanfattning : Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Forest Degradatin (REDD+) is a market-based approachto address tropical deforestation as a key driver of anthropogenic climate change. In Tanzania, participatory forest management (PFM) was used as a vehicle for the institutionalisation of REDD+and implementation of pilot initiatives. LÄS MER
4. Identifying Synergies and Trade-offs between the Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam and the Sustainable Development GoalsKandidat-uppsats, KTH/Hållbar utveckling, miljövetenskap och teknik; KTH/Hållbar utveckling, miljövetenskap och teknik
Sammanfattning : The Grand Ethiopian Renaissance Dam (GERD) is a large hydropower project currently under construction in Ethiopia. Supposedly it will benefit the people of Ethiopia through an increased access to electricity, but it is also associated with complex political relations between Ethiopia and the neighbouring countries Egypt and Sudan. LÄS MER
5. Political Ecology of Tin Mining A Discourse Analysis of the Human-Environment Relation in the Study of Illegal Tin Mining on Bangka IslandMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Humanekologi
Sammanfattning : Bangka Island has been known as the most important tin producer in the world. Tin has developed the economy of the local people and even Indonesia in general. Unfortunately, mining is not only operated by corporations, but also by local people without proper procedures, resulting in a ruined landscape and ecosystem. LÄS MER