Sökning: "Political communication"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 785 uppsatser innehållade orden Political communication.
1. Gender dynamics in media-driven belief polarization - disentangling reinforcing processes behind media usage and perception of societal issuesMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för journalistik, medier och kommunikation
Sammanfattning : In academia as well as in mainstream media, people are voicing concern that a fragmented media environment, entailing an immense increase of alternative media, may motivate selective exposure, in turn leading to increasingly polarized perceptions of society among the public. Consulting the theory of reinforcing spirals (RSM), there is ample evidence for a reciprocal relationship between selective media exposure and sociotropic beliefs – potentially sparking polarization dynamics. LÄS MER
2. EUROPE(ANS) AND THE CLIMATE - TOWARDS A EUROPEAN PUBLIC SPHERE? A Comparative Framing Analysis of News Media and Twitter Discourse in Sweden, Spain and GermanyMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för journalistik, medier och kommunikation
Sammanfattning : The issue of climate change, as a crisis without borders and the EU as political realm, holds thepotential to unite Europeans under a common fate and mission. As this study applies a socialconstructionist view, reality is understood as constructed in and through the media. LÄS MER
3. PICTURES AT AN ELECTION A visual semiotic analysis of Swedish political parties’ visual communication in the 2018 electionMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The following thesis utilizes visual social semiotic analysis in order to investigate the usage of images by Swedish political parties during the election campaign to the Swedish Riksdag of 2018. Visual semiotics is used to identify the themes and the visual methodology used in images in election posters before comparing these to posts made by the parties on Facebook the week preceding the election in 2018 in order to ascertain whether there were differences in said themes and methodology in the posters compared to the Facebook posts or not. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Institutionen för mediestudier
Sammanfattning : This study is designed to gain an understanding of the reality creation process in digital news media. By looking into the case of the Trump-Ukraine scandal the way how the 2 major US online news platforms CNN and FoxNews discursively construct reality for their audiences is examined. LÄS MER
5. Political Communication During the Early Developments of the Coronavirus Crisis: A Quantitative Study of Swedish Party Leaders' Instagram AccountsC-uppsats, Handelshögskolan i Stockholm/Institutionen för marknadsföring och strategi
Sammanfattning : In light of the evolving Coronavirus crisis, this thesis aims to study the political communication of Swedish party leaders. Through a content analysis of 419 Instagram posts from January 31th to April 14th, 2020, we conclude that there was no strong relationship between important dates and developments in the Coronavirus crisis and the frequency of published posts. LÄS MER