Sökning: "Political efficacy"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 38 uppsatser innehållade orden Political efficacy.
1. THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN CORRUPTION, TRUST AND EFFICACY IN THE WESTERN BALKANS Direct and conditional effectsMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Empirical findings indicate that corruption perceptions decrease two key components of system support and legitimacy: citizens’ political trust and political efficacy. While the relationship between corruption, trust and political efficacy is well established in the literature, little attention has been paid so far to contextual factors that could moderate this relationship. LÄS MER
2. FICTION VS REALITY A survey experiment comparing the effect of representation in different spheres on political efficacy.Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The social debate mentions how people in socioeconomic weaker areas are less politically engaged and have less political efficacy. Previous research mentions lack of representation as a possible explanation. LÄS MER
3. HOW DOES EDUCATION INFLUENCE INDIVIDUALS PERCEPTION OF DIFFERENT TYPES OF CORRUPTION? A quantitative study including 21 European countriesKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Do individuals with different levels of education perceive different types of corruption differently? Evidence from previous research suggest that education plays an important role in the fight against corruption. Countries with higher levels of education on average experience lower levels of corruption. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för statsvetenskap (ST)
Sammanfattning : This study aims to investigate why young people in Tunisia participate less in formal and informal politics than older people. First, I compare the participatory pattern of young people in six forms of political participation (voting, party membership, organization membership, campaign activity, protesting and attending meetings/signing petitions) to older Tunisians, with merged data from the Arab Barometers five waves (2012-2019). LÄS MER
5. A Novel Approach to Youth Crime Prevention: Mindfulness Meditation Classes in South African TownshipsMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Children growing up in poor areas with high crime rates are shown to easily get involved in violent actions and criminal gangs. In South Africa, despite considerable efforts to reduce youth delinquency, youth crime rates are still disturbingly high – specifically, in the townships of the Cape Flats. LÄS MER