Sökning: "Political participation"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 863 uppsatser innehållade orden Political participation.
1. WOMEN & DEMOCRACY IN THE ARAB WORLD A Field Study on Women’s Political Participation in Post-revolution EgyptMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Among the countries involved in the 2011 Arab revolution, Egypt and Tunisia are considered to have developed the most. However, Tunisia is the only country recognised as having undergone asuccessful democratic transition, whilst the transition in Egypt has been unstable and not asprosperous. LÄS MER
2. DOES WOMEN'S POLITICAL EMPOWERMENT IMPROVE GENDER BALANCE IN PEACEKEEPING? A Large N Study of Troop Contributing CountriesMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Although the United Nations has officially recognized an importance of women’s participation in peacekeeping, the number of female personnel remains low; thus, scholars have been investigating the factors that may facilitate a broader inclusion of women in peacekeeping operations. In order to contribute to the existing literature on the topic, this study examines whether one specific factor, a country’s level of women’s political empowerment, has an impact on the level of gender balance in its peacekeeping troops. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : The concept of local ownership has increasingly become a leading principle of development cooperation. While it is generally accepted that more ownership means more sustainability, there is still much to be done in order to clearly define and measure the concept. This study attempts to provide a conceptual understanding of local ownership. LÄS MER
4. Medborgardeltagande som metod för demokratisering av stadsplaneringsprocesser - en fallstudie av stadsbyggnadsprojektet Amiralsstaden i MalmöKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för kulturgeografi och ekonomisk geografi
Sammanfattning : Public participation within urban planning has been a big part of academic and political discussions during the last decades, gaining even more popularity today. Due to issues within the representational democracy many stress the need for a greater inclusion of the publics knowledge and opinions within urban development and planning processes. LÄS MER
5. ”Just add women and stir?” En diskursanalys av kvinnligt deltagande och aktörskap i resolution 2122 och Nigerias nationella handlingsplan för implementering av kvinnor, fred och säkerhetKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Based on the extensive criticism surrounding the victimization of women in the women, peace and security agenda discourse, this essay seeks to analyze the discourse after the adaption of resolution 2122, a widely recognized step in the direction to focus more on women’s participation. The aim of the study is thus to analyze the discourse around women’s participation and agency on a global and national level and thereby analyze if the discourse prescribes opportunities or limits for women’s agency and participation. LÄS MER