Sökning: "Political regime"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 443 uppsatser innehållade orden Political regime.
1. ELITE SURVIVAL FIRST, THEN MERITOCRATIZATION Implications of Elite Survival on the Meritocratization of Bureaucracies: A Panel Data Study from 1820 to 2010Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Previous research has shown that meritocratic recruitment increases bureaucratic governance and decreases corruption (Evans and Rauch, 1999, 2000). However, less emphasis has been made on why meritocratic practices take root. This paper aims to explore this scientific gap by testing two main hypotheses. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Rättssociologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : In the middle ages the Albanian northern tribes had their own customary law that regulated their everyday life. This customary law is called the Kanun of Lekë Dukagjini. LÄS MER
3. Putin's authoritarian state : the consolidation of an authoritarian regime through the use of 'soft powers'Kandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för statsvetenskap (ST)
Sammanfattning : Putin’s authoritarian rule reaches all areas of Russian society, this can be attributed to the soft powers that the regime uses to further establish their power. The basis of this research is a theory from the book Authoritarianism goes global, where the authors describes the importance of soft powers in an authoritarian regime. LÄS MER
4. Consulting with the Citizens : An Introductory Study on Citizen Participation in the European Commission ́s Online ConsultationsKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : For a long time the citizen participation in the European Commission Online Consultations have been low and quite insignificant. This came to an abrupt change during 2018, with the consultation on Summertime arrangements bringing out over four million citizens to participate and it is now clear that the citizen impact on consultations are not something to overlook. LÄS MER
5. “Even Mice Can Roar” - En analys av Alliance of Small Island States inflytande i internationell klimatpolitik med fokus på det långsiktiga temperaturmålet.Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis aims at analyzing Alliance of Small Island States’ influence and leverage in international climate negotiations with the purpose of widening the understanding of power relations and structures in international climate politics. The theoretical framework for the paper is Pierre Bourdieu’s theory on symbolic capital and the thesis studies Alliance of Small Islands States part in the process of negotiating an ambitious long-term temperature goal in the Paris agreement with the hypothesis that Alliance of Small Island States procured and exercised symbolic power in that process. LÄS MER