Sökning: "Political regime"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 495 uppsatser innehållade orden Political regime.
1. POWERLESS OPPOSITION Opposition’s Legislative Chances in Autocratizing Regimes: The Case of UkraineMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The assumption permeating this thesis is that, in the consensus democracy, the government should respond to the minority interests, which are operationalized as bills sponsored by the opposition. The research pays attention to the typical case of autocratizing states with gradual democratic backsliding – Ukraine. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Religionshistoria
Sammanfattning : The Russian Orthodox Church has had an incredibly fascinating story during its long history in Russia, where its status, political as well as economic power has drastically changed over the course of its existence. The church has gone from being almost completely undistinguishable from the sovereign power during the Russian Empire to nearly being completely wiped out by the times of the communist regime in the soviet era, who saw it as a threat to the revolutionary ideas. LÄS MER
3. Actor or ally? Exploring Sweden’s involvement in Turkish gender politics through the Swedish Consulate General in IstanbulMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Genusvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The aim of this project is to study the implementation of Sweden’s feminist foreign policy through its gender equality enchancing foreign aid to Turkish civil society, managed by The Swedish Consulate General in Istanbul. Through a multi-methods study based on document analysis of project grant cases in 2019, and in-depth interviews with Consulate staff and representatives from partner organizations, the study maps a web of different actors and processes of change in Turkish gender politics: states, civil society, segments of the public and the international community. LÄS MER
4. Räkna rättvist? En litteraturstudie om konsumtionsbaserade utsläppsberäkningar i svensk och internationell klimatpolitikKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Miljö- och energisystem
Sammanfattning : I detta kandidatarbete undersöks förutsättningarna för och effekterna av en övergång från produktionsbaserade utsläppsberäkningar till konsumtionsbaserade utsläppsberäkningar inom internationell respektive svensk klimatpolitik. Studien utförs i form av en litteraturstudie. LÄS MER
5. Water Politics in a Water-Scarce Landscape : Examining the Groundwater Debate in California’s Central ValleyMaster-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för arkeologi och antik historia
Sammanfattning : The history of California is in many ways a story about water, and the outsized effect that droughts, floods, and seasonal precipitation rates have had on the political and economic development of the state over the past 170 years. This thesis uses discourse analysis of historical and ongoing negotiations that have been presented in federal and state reports, narratives, case laws and legislation to explore how the discourse around water politics has been shaped in the state. LÄS MER