Sökning: "Political violence"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 662 uppsatser innehållade orden Political violence.
1. Gaining international legitimacy by improving women's rights and gender equality - The case of NicaraguaKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : A reoccurring argument in previous research is that autocracies implement policy changes for women’s rights in order to gain international legitimacy. The idea is that by showing the international community that they are on-board with the global movement to empower women; focus is diverted from their shortcomings in other democratic aspects. LÄS MER
2. Men, Machos and Masculinity – A Qualitative Study on how Bolivian Women’s Organizations Approach Gender and MasculinitiesMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Sociologi; Lunds universitet/Sociologiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This paper examines understandings of gender with an emphasis on masculinities among Bolivian feminist and women´s organizations. The specific aim has been to find out to what extent their understandings of gender include masculinities, and if so, what are their agendas and political positionings in relation to their work with men and boys. LÄS MER
3. Economic Inequality, Ethnic Group Dynamics, and Domestic Terrorism : The Destructive Effects of Collectively Experienced GrievancesKandidat-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Institutionen för freds- och konfliktforskning
Sammanfattning : This paper studies how economic inequality between ethnic groups affects domestic terrorism. Drawing on theories concerning horizontal inequality, ethnic group dynamics, political violence, and domestic terrorism, the following hypothesis is developed: Increased economic inequality between ethnic groups increases domestic terrorism. LÄS MER
- L2-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : In March 2011 Libya was the first state to experience an UN-approved R2P intervention. The intervention led to the downfall of Colonel Muammar Gaddafi, Libya’s autocratic leader since 1969. Despite the monumental meaning of the intervention, there has been little research done about how it affected the human security in Libya. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Juridiska institutionen; Lunds universitet/Juridiska fakulteten
Sammanfattning : “Cultural identity is closely linked to their ancestral lands. If they are deprived of them, by means of forced displacement, it seriously affects their cultural identity, and finally, their very right to life lato sensu... LÄS MER