Sökning: "Post Materialism"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 16 uppsatser innehållade orden Post Materialism.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Linnéuniversitetet/Institutionen för samhällsstudier (SS)
Sammanfattning : This thesis studies the ‘Black Lives Matter’ movement and what achievements it has been able to accomplish related to its objectives, in order to create a better under- standing of how new social movements work and what they can accomplish. The objectives and achievements were divided into different categories: cultural recognition, physical security, socio-economic, and other. LÄS MER
2. How can connections between eco-masculinities and a degrowth mindset be understood? : Exploring an ecovillage to find out.Master-uppsats, Uppsala universitet/Företagsekonomiska institutionen; Uppsala universitet/Företagsekonomiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis draws upon the young theory of eco-masculinities and the aspiring movement of economic degrowth. We find the concept of eco-masculinities to be an underrepresented complement to the movement of ecofeminism. Studies show that masculine people are less involved in sustainability-related issues in conventional society. LÄS MER
3. THE EFFECT OF CULTURAL AND ECONOMIC INSECURITY ON AUTHORITARIAN ATTITUDES A study on the effect of cultural and economic insecurity on authoritarian attitudes depending on level of post-materialismMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis explores the relationship between cultural and economic insecurity in post-materialist and materialist countries. This is done using OLS regression to test whether the effect of different forms of insecurity on authoritarian attitudes differs between materialist and post-materialist countries. LÄS MER
- Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : According to Ronald Inglehart, level of individual’s environmental concern is linked with grade of post-materialism resulting from physical and economic security experienced. As post-materialist individuals are considered to prioritize environmental protection over economic benefit, this study raises a question whether this change in values can provide a long-lasting solution for environmental challenges human kind is facing in the near future? This study uses quantitative research method to investigate whether variation in carbon emissions between the member states of European Union can be explained by the level of post-materialism among the public. LÄS MER
5. "The Speciesism Gaze!?" : An ethical discursive analysis of animal right posters from a postcolonial, eco-critical and new materialist feminist perspective.Kandidat-uppsats, Karlstads universitet/Institutionen för sociala och psykologiska studier
Sammanfattning : Our western society and lifestyle is to a considerable extent depended on the way we perceive and treat our co-existing non-human species. Industrial farming, vivisection, sports, circuses etcetera are just a few examples of how human use and exploit animal bodies for own gain. LÄS MER