Sökning: "Protein supplementation"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 18 uppsatser innehållade orden Protein supplementation.
- Kandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för medicin
Sammanfattning : Title: The effect of supplementary protein on frail elderly - A systematic reviewAuthor: Antonia Andersson and Alma LövenhamnSupervisor: Heléne Bertéus ForslundExaminer: Frode SlindeProgramme: Programme in dietetics, 180/240 ECTSType of paper: Bachelor’s thesis in clinical nutrition, 15 higher education creditsDate: May 23, 2018BackgroundGlobally the life expectancy is increasing and the older population is growing into a larger group. It is estimated that 10 % of people above 65 years are frail, which means that they rely on support for everyday activities. LÄS MER
2. Kan tillskott av essentiella aminosyror utan samtidig träning öka muskelmassa hos friska äldre och äldre med sarkopeni? - En systematisk översiktsartikelKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för medicin
Sammanfattning : Title: Can supplements of essential amino acids increase muscle mass inhealthy elderly and elderly with sarcopenia?- A systematic reviewAuthor: Axelie Petersson and Donny KarlssonSupervisor: Frode SlindeExaminer: Anna WinkvistProgram: Programme in dietetics, 180/240 ECTSType of paper: Bachelor’s thesis in clinical nutrition, 15 higher education creditsDate: March 27, 2018Background: Older people (> 65 years) form a large part of the population and are the largestpatient group in health care. Reduced muscle mass and muscle function are a natural part ofaging, and in elderly patients the process of muscle synthesis is impaired. LÄS MER
3. Faecal K+/Na+ ratio in lame horses and horses with a symmetric motion pattern at trot : a potential biomarker for osteoarthritis?Master-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Biomedical Sciences and Veterinary Public Health
Sammanfattning : Osteoarthritis (OA) is the most common reason for lameness in horses and is related to chronic pain. The disease is both costly for the horse owner and a welfare issue for the horse and a common cause for horses being culled. LÄS MER
4. The effect of sesamin supplementation in vegetable oil enriched feed on the expression of microRNA in Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar L.)Master-uppsats, SLU/Department of Molecular Sciences
Sammanfattning : Fish is without doubt the most important source of valuable omega-3 (n-3) fatty acids (FA), especially the long chain polyunsaturated fatty acids (LCPUFA) eicosa-pentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). Aquaculture production of Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) is one of the largest fish industries in the world and a dominant source of fish in Western diet. LÄS MER
5. Chewing behaviour and particle size distribution in faeces in sheep fed silages of whole-crop barley and grassMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Animal Environment and Health
Sammanfattning : Sheep in Sweden are generally kept on pasture when suitable and fed with a diet consisting mainly of forage, composed mainly by grass, when kept indoors. Lamb production in Sweden is steadily growing and with that the interest of different feedstuff to get a profitable production. LÄS MER