Sökning: "Queer theory"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 339 uppsatser innehållade orden Queer theory.
1. Aligning Fortress Europe with the Rainbow? The Securitization of Migration and LGBTI Asylum Seekers in the European Union.Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för globala studier
Sammanfattning : The increase of migration into the European Union, which peaked during the 2015humanitarian crisis of refugees, has raised concerns about security within nationalist politicaldiscourse across the EU. European right-wing populist discourse revolves around a perceivedthreat to national and European culture and identity, pushing adamantly for restrictions inmigration policy, and black-marking asylum seekers as hostile actors. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : This thesis investigates an increasingly important topic in the European Union (EU). I analyze challenges to respecting fundamental rights when assessing the credibility of LGBTIQ+ asylum seekers in Sweden. LÄS MER
3. “A ROOM FOR OUR OWN”. Queer memories and feelings in the archival practices of Queerrörelsens Arkiv och Bibliotek (Archive and Library of the Queer Movement) in Gothenburg/SwedenMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för kulturvetenskaper
Sammanfattning : This thesis departs from the case study of the Queerrörelsens Arkiv och Bibliotek (QRAB) [In English: Archive and Library of the Queer Movement], located in Gothenburg/Sweden, to discuss how queer memories and feelings are embedded in queer archives. It focuses in some of QRAB’s practices, such as: the structure and organization of the archive, the membership, the processes of collection and cataloguing of materials, the external activities, and the relationship with the public and other organizations. LÄS MER
4. ”Varför ska jag gå runt och vänta?” En normkritisk intervjustudie med frivilligt ensamstående mammorKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för kulturvetenskaper
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this study is to examine how single mothers by choice motivate their family form and experience norms surrounding family and motherhood. In interviews with six women who became mothers through assisted reproduction technology we analyze motives and reasons behind their choice of family form and how they experience motherhood. LÄS MER
5. PLUGGING IN TO QUEER IN GOTHENBURG. An Emotion and Power-Sensitive In-depth Group Study on Being Queer in GothenburgMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Institutionen för kulturvetenskaper
Sammanfattning : This study aims to extend the existing knowledge of how different queer persons experience being queer in Gothenburg and in extension, attend to emotions and power relations in the process of knowledge production. The study applies Donna Haraway’s situated knowledge, Sara Ahmed’s queer phenomenology and theory on what emotions do, and Karen Barad’s theory of intra- action and diffraction. LÄS MER