Sökning: "Queer theory"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 302 uppsatser innehållade orden Queer theory.
1. Tonåringar i den osynliga garderoben : En komparativ analys mellan ungdomsromanerna Leah on the offbeat av Becky Albertalli och Ingen normal står i regnet och sjunger av Sara OhlssonKandidat-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Institutionen för kultur- och medievetenskaper
Sammanfattning : This essay examines how sexuality and sexual identity is expressed in the two young adult novels Ingen normal står i regnet och sjunger by Sara Ohlsson, and Leah on the offbeat by Becky Albertalli. The main purpose with the essay is to do a comparative analysis of the two novels to examine how they differ in their portrayals of lgbtq-characters and their portrayals of sexuality in adolescents. LÄS MER
2. Materialitet och genus på fritidsgården. En pingisboll på vift, ett schackbord utan pjäser och den (o)synliga mobiltelefonenKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Avdelningen för etnologi
Sammanfattning : The purpose of this study is to analyze how staff and young people use and experience materiality in the youth recreation center in order to increase staff's knowledge about ways of working with gender roles. The material consists of observation records and a focus group interview with staff from a youth recreation center in southern Sweden. LÄS MER
3. Filmen som samhällsförändrare - En undersökning gällande hur normbrytande personer upplever representationen inom svensk film och hur en ökad representation skulle påverka samhället.Kandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Filmvetenskap
Sammanfattning : Is it possible to use the power of film to change society? Can we use popular culture to change norms that are deeply rooted in our environment? By asking 140 persons with non-normative gender identities or sexual orientations this essay seeks the answer to how LGBT persons are depicted in Swedish film and television today and what effects a better and increased representation would have. With support from the queer theory as well as the idea of social constructivism and the works of Richard Dyer, professor of film studies at King’s College in London, this essay gives an answer that paves the way for further exploring the subject and maybe find a solution to how we can use film to make society a better place for everyone. LÄS MER
4. Otherness and Exclusion in A Single Man: Reading Christopher Isherwood from the Perspective of Queer TheoryKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Engelska
Sammanfattning : Christopher Isherwood’s A Single Man is set in California in the early 1960s and follows a day in the life of the gay protagonist George, who finds it necessary to keep his sexuality hidden due to the widespread intolerance of homosexuals. The purpose of this essay is to examine how Isherwood draws parallels between different misfit groups to shed light on the situation of homosexuals at a time when homosexual acts were still illegal in California. LÄS MER
5. "Is being the gay best friend still a thing?" -En multimodal kritisk diskursanalys kring representationen av homosexualitet i tv-serien Riverdale (2016-)Kandidat-uppsats, Örebro universitet/Institutionen för humaniora, utbildnings- och samhällsvetenskap
Sammanfattning : The aim of this study is to analyze how homosexuality is represented in the modern tv-series Riverdale (2016-). Two confirmed homosexual characters from the show, Kevin Keller and Cheryl Blossom have been used to examine this. To showcase how their homosexuality is represented a multimodal discourse analysis was conducted. LÄS MER