Sökning: "Residential Segregation"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 82 uppsatser innehållade orden Residential Segregation.
1. “What is the alternative? Not trying to mix? Nah.” A case study on housing and social mix policies within physical planning in Malmö, SwedenMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Institutionen för kulturgeografi och ekonomisk geografi
Sammanfattning : Residential segregation is seen as a growing problem within many urban areas today. Segregation is assumed to hamper social integration and the life-chances of disadvantaged as well as creating instability in society. One policy measure to deal with residential segregation is to increase the variation in the housing structure. LÄS MER
2. Socially mixed housing : A study on the operationalisation and outcomes of social mix policy in SwedenMaster-uppsats, Stockholms universitet/Kulturgeografiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : In response to increasing patterns of socio-spatial segregation, Swedish cities have adopted policies to promote social mix, which is generally considered positive due to its effect on spatial justice and social cohesion. However, institutional changes have negatively impacted the possibilities of fulfilling this policy objective. LÄS MER
3. At what price? Searching for environmentally sustainable and socially just urban greening strategies in Malmö, SwedenMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/LUCSUS
Sammanfattning : With sustainability at the forefront of many cities’ urban development plans, it is possible that sustainable polices are targeted to attract a certain group of inhabitants. Malmö, Sweden, has implemented changes in order to gain international recognition as a green city but has also been experiencing growing residential segregation. LÄS MER
4. Tillväxtens baksida : En studie om hur Umeå kommun behandlar boendesegregation för att uppnå en hållbar urban utvecklingKandidat-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Institutionen för geografi
Sammanfattning : This study aims to examine the extent of residential segregation in Umeå by describing differences in socioeconomic structure between urban districts. Furthermore, the study also aims to analyse how Umeå municipality is considering residential segregation in their plans for urban development and how this can affect the extent of the segregation. LÄS MER
5. Long term trends of residential segregation in relation to housing policy in Stockholm : Following indicators of residential segregation over time through spatial analysisMaster-uppsats, Umeå universitet/Institutionen för geografi
Sammanfattning : This thesis explores the development of residential segregation over a long time period in Stockholm, Sweden. By following the spatial distribution of two socio- economic indicators and two indicators of housing characteristics between 1930 and 2015, it describes how changing housing policy has affected the indicators. LÄS MER