Sökning: "Rule of law"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 1791 uppsatser innehållade orden Rule of law.
1. THE EU – A POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE INFLUENCE ON DEMOCRACY IN HUNGARY? - An analysis on how the EU has affected the democracy in HungaryKandidat-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : Since Viktor Orbán became prime minister of Hungary in 2010 he has hollowed out the Hungarian Democracy step by step and given himself more influence. Hungary became a member of the EU in 2004, so this has been happening while being a member of the EU, so the question is – what kind of influence does the EU have over the democracy in member states? That is the research question for this thesis, and it has the aim to analyze how the European Commission, European Parliament, and The Council of the European Union have affected the development of democracy in Hungary in the years 2015 – 2021. LÄS MER
2. The Rule of Law in the European Union – A critical analysis of Poland’s rejection of the EU legal orderMagister-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Juridiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : The European Union is founded on certain core values as expressed in its constitutional framework. One of the fundamental values is the adherence of the rule of law, which constitute a legal obligation across all 27 member states. LÄS MER
3. The European Arrest Warrant: A Threat to Human Rights? The theoretical imperfections of the EAW Framework Decision and their implications in practiceMagister-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Juridiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : In the wake of the 9/11 terrorist attacks the EU adopted the Framework Decision on the European Arrest Warrant in 2002 amid concerns that the previous lengthy extradition procedure was unable to efficiently tackle these serious cross-border crimes that were rising. Regularly being referred to as the ‘cornerstone’ of judicial cooperation, the EAW is the first and most successful instrument applying the internal market concept of mutual recognition to the field of criminal law. LÄS MER
4. GOVERNANCE AND DEMOCRACY IN SHAPING PANDEMIC POLICY. A comparative case study of the Covid-19 response in Sweden and DenmarkMaster-uppsats, Göteborgs universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : The Covid-19 pandemic proves to be a major crisis with substantial effect on our society and thus projects an important area for academic research. Governments across the globe have taken extraordinary measures to fight the pandemic, with restrictions that limit social contact in order to stop the transmission of the virus. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Statsvetenskapliga institutionen
Sammanfattning : In transitioning to a sustainable society and ensuring a growing bioeconomy, a National Forest Programme (NFP) has been adopted in Sweden. In order to meet the goals set out in the NFP, forest programs have been decentralized to regional authorities in which collaborative governance should be the guiding instrument. LÄS MER