Sökning: "Rural Migrant Workers"
Visar resultat 1 - 5 av 13 uppsatser innehållade orden Rural Migrant Workers.
1. Solidarity in Conflict - Organised non-EEA workers, trade unions and labour rights within the Swedish wild berry industryKandidat-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Kulturgeografi och ekonomisk geografi; Lunds universitet/Institutionen för kulturgeografi och ekonomisk geografi
Sammanfattning : Every year, around 3000-6000 mainly low-income farmers, travel from Northeastern Thailand in search for wild berries in the rural parts of Northern Sweden. There has been a process of inclusion of these seasonal migrant workers into the Swedish labour market structure, since around the turn of the millennium. LÄS MER
2. From slums to sustainability? Internal migration in a highly urbanised developing country: the case of BrazilMaster-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Ekonomisk-historiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Brazil is a country founded on migration, and since the Second World War most of that migration has been internal. However, urban overcrowding has changed the nature of migration in this, one of the most urbanized developing countries. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Centrum för öst- och sydöstasienstudier
Sammanfattning : This thesis explores whether and how rural-to-urban migration alters the Chinese migrant family in the case of divided rural households of 10 male migrant workers. The study relied on in-depth semi-structured interviews with married men, who are fathers, husbands and sons, and who are currently working on construction sites in Beijing. LÄS MER
- Master-uppsats, Lunds universitet/Juridiska fakulteten; Lunds universitet/Juridiska institutionen
Sammanfattning : Given that the social security has not been extended to vast majority of Cambodia’s population, this thesis is initiated to analyze whether the implementation of the Right to Social Security is effective and in line with the international social security instruments. In doing so, the analysis is conducted by examining Cambodia’s national legal framework and polices concerning the implementation of the Right to Social Security. LÄS MER
5. Our Northern-Finnish wild berries : an ethnographic study of wild berry picking culture in KemijärviMaster-uppsats, SLU/Dept. of Urban and Rural Development
Sammanfattning : Finnish forests and swamps are bulging wild berries but only a fraction is picked each year. Finland is a remarkable source and exporter of wild berries and to meet the increasing commercial wild berry demand, foreign migrant wild berry pickers were introduced into Finland in mid-2000. LÄS MER